All Discussions Tagged 'life' (35)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The fear of death

When I first accepted atheism as my own personal philosophy, I could feel the excitement of rebellion as well as a comforting relief "knowi…

Started by Ronbun Kontan

100 Jun 16, 2011
Reply by Jason Ward

Apparently, we are facing a population crunch.

Well, according to an article on a creationist website, the world is dangerously close to becoming underpopulated. The guy espewing this bu…

Started by Arcus

2 Apr 26, 2011
Reply by basement kitteh

One more soul to the call

Hi there! I somehow managed to ignore this forum when I first joined this site, but I'm writing here now.   My name is Ingrid and I'm curre…

Started by Ingrid S

1 Mar 27, 2011
Reply by Adam Weber

Evolution and the Problem it May Cause for the Search for Extraterrestrial Life

Okay, I'm no scientist... but I wanted to make this proposal. I have noticed for some time now a possible flaw in the search for life on ot…

Started by Skycomet the Fallen Angel

17 Mar 3, 2011
Reply by Albert Bakker

Banning Assisted Suicide

http://http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2011/feb/16/idaho-moves-ban-assisted-suicide/   I was so distressed by this that I couldn't sleep a…

Started by M

38 Feb 22, 2011
Reply by William C. Walker

This is what I believe.

I have never "voiced" my beliefs before but I had this need to write and this is what came out...or at least a brief rough draft of what go…

Started by Duck Tricks

19 Jan 19, 2011
Reply by Jerry Horne

Beyond Anything I Can Think Of...

Ok, here's the story:My father has been diagnosed with a disease that is shutting down both of his kidneys. It's no surprise, we've known t…

Started by Jon Heim

23 Nov 11, 2010
Reply by Precambrian Lullaby

As an atheist, What are thoughts about dying?

I have recently heard a song by Muse titled Thoughts of a dying atheist and made me want to ask about it. What are your thoughts on this su…

Started by Hector

2 Nov 9, 2010
Reply by Nelson

If the universe blinked into existence then the hypothesis is it blinks out of existence

I have posted a 40 page blog (diagrams not yet incorporated) that is my manifesto of reality, the universe.   It is not the video I posted…

Started by day vo

1 Oct 12, 2010
Reply by doone

I just got held up at my front door.

.....Really, not thirty minutes ago three armed men pulled up to my driveway as I brought my car in for the night.  I was pulling in and on…

Started by Andres Molestina

29 Aug 10, 2010
Reply by Andres Molestina

RSS

Forum

My Grandpa died last week

Started by Physeter in Small Talk. Last reply by Heather Spoonheim 5 hours ago. 13 Replies

Why do we tolerate this?

Started by Belle Rose in Crime and Punishment. Last reply by Virgil 17 hours ago. 65 Replies

How do you cure Insanity???

Started by Belle Rose in Advice. Last reply by Belle Rose 19 hours ago. 71 Replies

Blog Posts

Creationists Dispute

Posted by Fouad on December 24, 2014 at 7:26am 1 Comment

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service