All Discussions Tagged 'law' (16)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Right to Discriminate

I wrote a letter to the NY Times in reply to Gail Collins' piece on Arizona. It was published but, of course, even though the point of the…

Started by MikeLong

76 Mar 4
Reply by Pope Beanie

The Right to Discriminate

I wrote a letter to the NY Times in reply to Gail Collins' piece on Arizona. It was published but, of course, even though the point of the…

Started by MikeLong

0 Mar 2

The Supremes KILL DOMA

The effect of the just-released Supreme Court decision is to give gays equal rights under the law, effectively undermining DOMA.  They cite…

Started by Unseen

45 Jun 27, 2013
Reply by H3xx

Should we allow drone strikes on American soil?

I'm going to beat Unseen to this one!So Eric Holder in a recent Congressional hearing has left the door open to preforming a drone strike a…

Started by Sagacious Hawk

129 Mar 14, 2013
Reply by Blaine Leavitt

Petition to abolish very specific clauses in the Constitutions of 7 states that bar atheists from holding office

Normally, I give online petitions the boot either because they are never taken seriously, or because they are written by... Well, people wh…

Started by Mike Vaughan

0 Feb 4, 2013

Narcotic Drugs, Tobacco, Alcohol, Religion....

There was a time when making your own mind up about something was paramount.  The law didn't intervene unless you were shown to be directly…

Started by Karl Mugele

2 Jan 25, 2013
Reply by Karl Mugele

If You Ruled The World, How Would You Handle Copyright?

Most of us violate copyright frequently. Maybe we make a copy of a Netflix movie we won't have time to watch right away or we have an MP3 p…

Started by Unseen

16 Jan 21, 2013
Reply by Unseen

Why sin does not exist--according to what most Christians believe.

In relation to my previous discussion on ethics, I am interested in others views on "sin." Now, for a Christian that believes Jesus dies to…

Started by Cathy Cooper

12 Jan 19, 2013
Reply by Gallup's Mirror

You have probably done something that could land you in prison for the rest of your life

What am I talking about? if you've downloaded a few movies and a number of MP3's without paying to use them, you have probably infinged on…

Started by Unseen

5 Nov 18, 2012
Reply by Unseen

Is the book necessary for an oath?

The one biggest thing about going to court (not that I have, but if I did, this would be problematic) that bothers me is swearing an oath w…

Started by Matthew

8 Dec 7, 2011
Reply by Judith van der Roos

RSS

Forum

Awe struck

Started by Davis Goodman in Small Talk. Last reply by Tom Sarbeck 41 minutes ago. 43 Replies

In Defense of ‘Islamophobia’

Started by Brian Daurelle in Society. Last reply by Davis Goodman 3 hours ago. 57 Replies

where when how who why ?

Started by aubrey knows nothing * in Small Talk. Last reply by Pope Beanie 3 hours ago. 6 Replies

Sunday Disassembly

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer in Society. Last reply by Unseen 11 hours ago. 12 Replies

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service