All Discussions Tagged 'holidays' (8)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

A christian asked me why I celebrate christmas....

I got an email on facebook recently from some christian who asked the question "If you're such an atheist, how come you celebrate christmas…

Started by Codie L Miller

19 Dec 27, 2012
Reply by Unseen

What would you call a Christmas analog for atheists?

What would your name for this holiday be? I envision it taking place in parallel with the religious holidays, running from December 24 thro…

Started by Unseen

2 Dec 2, 2012
Reply by James Cox

Christmas culture vs religion

I have to say as an atheist, I enjoy Christmas music (but only about two weeks prior to the event). I enjoy Christmas even if I do decorate…

Started by Cathleen Sessions

23 Jul 5, 2012
Reply by Daniel Patrick Day

Does a holiday have to have a religious affiliation to be a holiday?

A student at my school claimed Halloween isn't a holiday, because it has no religious affiliation. It's true most holidays have a religious…

Started by Logan Jancek

23 Nov 1, 2011
Reply by rhonda blankenship

Secular ways of Celebrating Religious Holidays - Share Ideas - New Titles for the Holidays

There has been a lot of great advice given regarding what to do on Easter Day when spending it with Christians (thanks for that). This is a…

Started by Chris Lambert

6 Apr 24, 2011
Reply by Akshay Bist

My Christmas Wish

This was my FB post today:   Someone asked me why an atheist celebrates Christmas. I said that many Christians celebrate Halloween, and the…

Started by Janelle Campbell

17 Dec 23, 2010
Reply by Janelle Campbell

Some more help please.

Got two more comments. This is the comment I sent (thanks to Reggie): If god commanded you to kill babies would you do it happily?If god is…

Started by Natasha Kenny

13 Jun 8, 2010
Reply by Velogiraptor

The War on Common Sense

The War on Common Sense Posted on September 11, 2009 at 4:46 pm by TFN A Texas-based group affiliated with James Dobson’s far-right Focus…

Started by Johnny

0 Sep 16, 2009

RSS

Blog Posts

What do you do with the anger?

Posted by dataguy on September 20, 2014 at 5:12pm 3 Comments

Aftermath

Posted by Belle Rose on September 20, 2014 at 2:42am 6 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service