All Discussions Tagged 'good' (15)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Tell me why being selfish is wrong.

Exactly as the title says. Tell me why being selfish is wrong.I'm not of the opinion that a rational, considered self-interest is wrong. I…

Started by Sagacious Hawk

111 Oct 8
Reply by Francis Francis

Coming out as an atheist to your friends and family.

You know the story. But I want some straight answers. 1. What makes me the bad guy? 2. What makes you the good guy? 3. Who has the truth…

Started by Val Wuthrich

20 Feb 26, 2013
Reply by Nate Lundgren

Atheismisms

Now that I'm an atheist, I need some new vocabulary.  "Oh my God!", "Good Lord!", Jesus Christ!", and "God damn it" all have to go.  What c…

Started by Garrison

98 Feb 13, 2012
Reply by William C. Walker

What is a "good" life

The title is pretty self-explanatory. What do you personally believe is a good life? Does it involve being with a certain someone, having a…

Started by John Locke

14 Dec 19, 2011
Reply by Dylan Blaine

Favourite Bible Passages

I am an atheist, but I really enjoy reading and learning about different religions Christianity included. I was wondering if anyone had…

Started by DeeJay Keeler

4 Oct 23, 2011
Reply by DJ Wilkins

Do questions about the meaning of life, purpose, and morality even make sense?

People often ask questions about the "meaning of life" or the "purpose of life". But such questions are often asked carelessly, without cle…

Started by Mark Stout

1 Jul 13, 2011
Reply by Brian Wood

Inevitable Morality

As a new atheist, I'm interested to see what some non-believers use as their moral foundation.  Coming from a deeply Christian background,…

Started by Merlin Mercer

40 Jun 26, 2011
Reply by JAGubert

Christian Sterotypes

Hi all, I found this article online and thought it was interesting. When i was a christian i was very liberal and didn't really like the ha…

Started by Bluradio

7 Jan 4, 2011
Reply by Dave G

I really am "good without god".

I'm constantly hearing how Christianity is not only about doing the right thing because of the fear of hell and the reward you get in the a…

Started by Jon Heim

0 Dec 3, 2010

Christopher Hitchens Vs. Tony Blair

Read the transcript for this, provided by Monica's tweet, just now, and have to say, just from reading the text, Hitchens pretty much took…

Started by Ryan E. Hoffman

2 Nov 27, 2010
Reply by Ryan E. Hoffman

RSS

Forum

In Defense of ‘Islamophobia’

Started by Brian Daurelle in Society. Last reply by Erock68la 2 hours ago. 56 Replies

Awe struck

Started by Davis Goodman in Small Talk. Last reply by Unseen 2 hours ago. 41 Replies

Sunday Disassembly

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer in Society. Last reply by Unseen 7 hours ago. 12 Replies

where when how who why ?

Started by aubrey knows nothing * in Small Talk. Last reply by Davis Goodman 21 hours ago. 5 Replies

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service