All Discussions Tagged 'freedom' (12)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Arizona et al

The attempt in Arizona to pass a law permitting discrimination against gays and lesbians by Christians was thwarted by the overwhelming out…

Started by Philip Jarrett

7 Apr 8
Reply by Philip Jarrett

Federal judge strikes down Utah anti-polygamy law

He effectively struck the law down by gutting the core of the law as unconstitutional. A federal judge has found key parts of Utah’s anti-p…

Started by Unseen

0 Dec 15, 2013

Atheist by example

My wife and I are both atheists. We would prefer both our children and grandchildren to also be atheists, and not be twisted and convoluted…

Started by Rick Yost

6 Dec 11, 2013
Reply by David Smith

Comments on the famous John Dillon Haynes experiment?

First of all, watch this BBC video about the experiment which seems to pretty conclusively show that real decisions are not done in the con…

Started by Unseen

52 Aug 6, 2013
Reply by Pope Beanie

Is your life after religion what you expected?

If I had put my expectations into words I would have said "Life can't get any worse!" (Before college I was a Catholic.) Life couldn't get…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

1 Apr 20, 2013
Reply by Lewal

Worldwide known Pianist Fazil Say was sentenced for being an atheist. Turkey is going to the middle age step by step.

Here is the link of the grim, shameful news: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-22151212  World-renowned Turkish pianist Fazil Say has…

Started by Melih Tiftik

16 Apr 16, 2013
Reply by Jorita

Should Twitter Censor Controversial Content?

BERLIN — Twitter waded into potentially perilous territory on Thursday when it blocked users in Germany from access to the account of a neo…

Started by Unseen

0 Oct 20, 2012

Should we defend some theists?

This question is for Americans. Undeniably, despite the vast differences between atheists and agnostics on the one hand and the more exotic…

Started by Unseen

25 Sep 21, 2011
Reply by joshua james

Free Will

We all want to believe in free will, don't we? We want to feel that we consciously choose what we do, and that other people do as well. As…

Started by Unseen

5 Aug 7, 2011
Reply by Unseen

Should prostitution be illegal?

In my opinion, a person should be able to charge for services that they can give away if they want. Who are they hurting? Two or more conse…

Started by Robin

124 Jul 11, 2011
Reply by Me

RSS

Blog Posts

Aftermath

Posted by Belle Rose on September 20, 2014 at 2:42am 2 Comments

PI = 4

Posted by _Robert_ on September 16, 2014 at 8:53pm 5 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service