All Discussions Tagged 'fear' (10)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

God Fearing is a Sign of Respect?

Had an interesting discussion on another forum in their religion category about, people who use "God Fearing" as a compliment.  You may…

Started by Nerdy Keith

27 Oct 10
Reply by Richard Ahearn

Testing the waters—and the waters aren’t good.

Testing the waters—and the waters aren’t good. I thought I might come out as atheist to my friend a couple weeks ago, when we went on a cam…

Started by Physeter

19 Sep 26
Reply by Virgil

The Toxicity of Fear: How Ignorance Poisons Everything

The following is a summarization and commentary by me on the book "The Science of Fear" by Daniel Gardner.  I'd love to hear your comments…

Started by Tha Lord

16 May 25, 2012
Reply by Wooly Bumblebee

How does atheism affect your sense of personal safety?

There has been some recent stir in the media lately. Perhaps not against atheists in specific. (Oh wait, except for the Fox News thing. Tha…

Started by Misty: Baytheist Living!

52 Feb 10, 2012
Reply by Grady Jean

Conquering the Fear of Death

After reading further on about death I have come to evidence that makes me believe that having an afterlife is a FAR STREEETCH from reali…

Started by Bronson

29 Jan 7, 2011
Reply by Alex

ways to get over the fear of living without a god.

First, I just want to say that I never try to push my beliefs on others. I also don't want to feel like I am the one responsible for someon…

Started by Jon Heim

11 Nov 5, 2010
Reply by Jon Heim

The Atheist Closet

So, I am wondering how many people still exist in their own personal atheist closet, and also about stories of "coming out."  Why do you ch…

Started by M

4 Jun 20, 2010
Reply by M

Importance of afterlife in theistic belief.

The more I think about it, the more it seems that one of the biggest, if not the biggest reason theists believe is the promise of afterlife…

Started by Jānis Ķimsis

8 May 31, 2010
Reply by Joe O'Brien

Just a Little Rational Thinking...

By using the term supernatural, we are using a primitive mind set reserved for that part of the brain that also housed, love, hate, anger,…

Started by Janelle Diters

3 Nov 24, 2009
Reply by Janelle Diters

The Ever Present Veiled Threat

I recently received this little bit of intellectual drivel on a blog post. I posted a little blurb about Darwin and his struggle with Chris…

Started by Franklin Ayers

10 Oct 2, 2009
Reply by Franklin Ayers

RSS

Atheist Sites

Blog Posts

Rounding Up?

Posted by Carol Foley on November 20, 2014 at 3:17am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service