All Discussions Tagged 'family' (30)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Ostracized by family.

It was bound to happen eventually. I come from a very conservative christian family so it should come as no surprise to you that my being a…

Started by Not very important.

23 Feb 6, 2011
Reply by Loop Johnny

Pressured to Pray

Edit:Problem is solved, but feel free to reply with any opinions.***   ------------------- On christmas I told my mom that I wasn't going…

Started by Bronson

100 Jan 11, 2011
Reply by John Slanston

"I'm praying for you"

My gf's family, and a lot of her friends are Christians, and when ever something's happening, I hear this phrase a lot. Once I had shared s…

Started by Doug Espi

27 Dec 23, 2010
Reply by M

Family and atheism

Well... okay. I need advice.I have been an in-the-closet atheist most of my life after be chastised and treated badly at school for being t…

Started by Desirai

3 Nov 19, 2010
Reply by sukhdeep

Thoughts on my family and future. (This is also on my personal 'blog,'

I posted this HERE as well as my blog because, honestly, not only am I very new to Think Atheist, and where the best place to upload any in…

Started by Ethan F.

0 Nov 11, 2010

In-Laws Reaching Out :(

My younger brother's mother-in-law just sent me a message on Facebook. Pretty much, we're friends on FB so we can be neighbors on those stu…

Started by CJoe

52 Aug 4, 2010
Reply by Jon Heim

I Don't Want Your Pity on Account of my Atheism!

My mother and I have never really clicked. In fact, that could be the understatement of the century. But I accept it. It's what I've become…

Started by Amy Victoria

71 Aug 4, 2010
Reply by Jon Heim

The Atheist Closet

So, I am wondering how many people still exist in their own personal atheist closet, and also about stories of "coming out."  Why do you ch…

Started by M

4 Jun 20, 2010
Reply by M

Time to cross the line?

I feel as if i'm standing on a line.... on the east side of the line there is my family and friends. On the west side of the line is the kn…

Started by Daniel Miller

1 Apr 22, 2010
Reply by Reggie

A Free Pass to be a Racist?

Last night I watched Gran Torino. If you haven't seen it, the gist is a old white man in the Mid-West who is racist learns to love a famil…

Started by Gaytor

7 Jun 19, 2009
Reply by Dave G

RSS

Blog Posts

Cool Vehicle Inspection!

Posted by Ed on October 18, 2014 at 9:03am 1 Comment

Fruit of the Womb

Posted by Carol Foley on October 16, 2014 at 5:58pm 12 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service