All Discussions Tagged 'faith' (23)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

If there was no reward for theists- no heaven or afterlife, would there be a reason to still believe in God?

I feel like there would be no purpose to worship a god if there were no promise of a reward. What do you think?

Started by Heather Henderson

3 May 31, 2011
Reply by Jason Ward

Losing Ones Faith

I have often wondered about the many diverse paths that lead people to arrive at the conclusion that there is no God, and how they felt at…

Started by Danny Beton

1 May 26, 2011
Reply by Robert Karp

Very Religious Americans Lead Healthier Lives. Thoughts?

I saw this:   http://www.gallup.com/poll/145379/Religious-Americans-Lead-Healthier-Lives.aspx   Anyone have any thoughts as to why this may…

Started by Kai

31 May 24, 2011
Reply by the.plush.screen

Win a free signed copy of J. Anderson Thomson's new book!

THE CONTEST HAS CONCLUDED. Thanks to all who entered! Follow Nelson on Twitter to get the winners announcement! UPDATED!!: So. you've join…

Started by Think Atheist

22 May 22, 2011
Reply by Discern

As Religion Collapses, What's Next for Christians?

I was reading an article today about a Pastor whom has lost his faith in Hell. He can't seem to get his head around the idea that Ghandi is…

Started by Gaytor

0 Mar 24, 2011

Is There Evidence for God?

MODERATION: By popular demand, this discussion is now closed for comments. -------------------------------------------------------------- H…

Started by Kevin Harris

173 Feb 18, 2011
Reply by Radu Andreiu

"Parents' trial begins in death of Rhawnhurst toddler who did not receive medical care"

Posted on Wed, Dec. 8, 2010 Parents' trial begins in death of Rhawnhurst toddler who did not receive medical care By Joseph A. Slobodzian I…

Started by Amanda Artman

15 Dec 9, 2010
Reply by Brad J

If you believe in the power of prayer, why vote? And if you believe in such a thing as 'God's will', why pray?

If you believe in the power of prayer, why vote? And if you believe in such a thing as 'God's will', why pray?This was on our facebook page…

Started by Jon Heim

3 Nov 3, 2010
Reply by Not Important

Neurotheology: Is The Religious Right Doing It Wrong?

There is a short story on Reuters here about a new book, How God Changes Your Brain, by Andrew Newberg. "In essence, when you think about…

Started by Nix Manes

11 Aug 26, 2010
Reply by Jon Heim

The Ever Present Veiled Threat

I recently received this little bit of intellectual drivel on a blog post. I posted a little blurb about Darwin and his struggle with Chris…

Started by Franklin Ayers

10 Oct 2, 2009
Reply by Franklin Ayers

RSS

Forum

A relapse.....

Started by Belle Rose in Small Talk 1 hour ago. 0 Replies

How do you cure Insanity???

Started by Belle Rose in Advice. Last reply by Belle Rose 2 hours ago. 59 Replies

The Elephant in the Room...

Started by Belle Rose in Small Talk. Last reply by Belle Rose 2 hours ago. 16 Replies

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service