All Discussions Tagged 'evolution' (70)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Nazi Eugenics anyone??

Hello all, Just wanted to see what were some of the thought processes regarding the eugenics movement that took place with the Nazi Regime…

Started by Chase King

2 Sep 27, 2012
Reply by Doug Reardon

Richard Dawkins & Evolution

Which of Richard Dawkins' evolution or biology books are best to start with?  I am self teaching myself the theory of evolution, so I under…

Started by Nerdy Keith

10 Jul 20, 2012
Reply by Dale Headley

The Future of Human Evolution

As we all know, evolution is an ongoing process, albeit a slow moving one.  But, because it is an ongoing process we can logically conclude…

Started by Tha Lord

7 Jun 6, 2012
Reply by mick herman

Evo-psych: Language Snobbery and Personal Musical Tastes

So I have a (non-scientific) theory that grammar nazis are merely acting out one of the many prejudices that humans have a proclivity for.…

Started by Pope Beanie

16 May 6, 2012
Reply by Pope Beanie

Vestigial Whale Legs... "used to the help the process of whale babies"?

I'm watching a documentary about evolution vs. intelligent design on youtube, and one of the comments said this: "O my! He did NOT go there…

Started by Stephanie Cabrera

4 Nov 26, 2011
Reply by Dylan Blaine

What is the evolutionary purpose of religion?

The existence of religion among humans can be traced back tens of thousands of years. It is a belief set present in all mutually exclusive…

Started by Asher Isbrucker

5 Nov 14, 2011
Reply by Nelson

Would the religious community accept evolution as a fact if it didn't apply to humans?

This comes after hearing the deep and intellectually profound statement "I ain't come from no ape," actually come out of someone's mouth.

Started by Bryan Casey

12 Oct 27, 2011
Reply by Suzanne Olson-Hyde

What effect did religion have on man's interactions with Neanderthals?

An interesting article in the Arizona Daily Star:  http://azstarnet.com/article_61f99ebf-1d83-51ee-a010-75d9a036d002.html   The article des…

Started by Thaddeus Dombrowski

2 Sep 27, 2011
Reply by Thaddeus Dombrowski

Did Evolution play a part in making people beleive in god so easily?

I was just wondering. Now that I Think about skepticism doesn't seem to be common sense. And I know a lot of gullible people. it would make…

Started by Ghost The Smoker

3 Aug 17, 2011
Reply by Doug Reardon

Anthropology/Evolution Question

A few weeks ago, I was having a conversation with my sister. She is part of the "micro not macro" group of Christians. Basically, she belie…

Started by Scarlette Blues

33 Jun 13, 2011
Reply by Chris Townsend

RSS

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service