All Discussions Tagged 'evolution' (69)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Testing the waters—and the waters aren’t good.

Testing the waters—and the waters aren’t good. I thought I might come out as atheist to my friend a couple weeks ago, when we went on a cam…

Started by Physeter

19 Sep 26
Reply by Virgil

What is "Rational thinking"?

We hear the word "rational" thrown around a lot.  I like to think I am a rational person but I often find some moments where I need to stru…

Started by Roy Plisko

196 Sep 9
Reply by Unseen

What's some of the evidence that supports the thesis that the "Intelligent Designer" was beyond stupid.

Let me name the ways. (I will limit myself to three.) With any intelligence would he/she/it have designed: 1) Tooth decay? 2) An amygdala t…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

45 Aug 31
Reply by Diane

What if Belief in a Higher Power is Not Belief in Anything Supernatural?

I happen to believe in a higher power but do not believe in anything supernatural. I'm sure this has a lot to do with my coming to my belie…

Started by Mike Donohoe

107 Jun 9
Reply by Jimmy

Evolution question for you scientists out there...!

So when I use to be a christian and doing A level biology we studies evolution quite alot. Now i couldnt help but notice a few flaws. I ask…

Started by Toby Briggs

8 Jun 5
Reply by Toby Briggs

While we're discussing scientific skepticism, what about evolution?

Let me state right from the start that evolution driven by natural selection makes a lot more sense than some magical spirit guy started it…

Started by Unseen

77 May 11
Reply by Unseen

The worlds first mass extinction of a neurotype.

I am starting to notice that many of the most extreme variations of people who post on online forums are single and often childless. Is it…

Started by Melvinotis

10 Feb 17
Reply by Melvinotis

What are some good books on the big bang theory and evolution?

I need some easy to comprehend books on evolution and the big bang. I haven't learned much about evolution or the big bang, so I need somet…

Started by Bronson

11 Jan 30
Reply by Tom Sarbeck

Where do you hang out online?

It's weird if that sounds natural to you. Trust me on this one.  Just the very idea of adults willingly spending their precious moments of…

Started by Misty: Baytheist Living!

13 Jan 18
Reply by Richard Porter

Intelligent? Design?

Intelligent Design (ID) is a concept proposed by some who are unable to accept evolution. They assume that (1) life, with its nearly infini…

Started by Giddian Beer

43 Dec 16, 2013
Reply by Michael

RSS

Forum

Awe struck

Started by Davis Goodman in Small Talk. Last reply by Unseen 2 hours ago. 40 Replies

where when how who why ?

Started by aubrey knows nothing * in Small Talk. Last reply by Davis Goodman 2 hours ago. 5 Replies

I don't know what to say

Started by Belle Rose in Atheist Parenting. Last reply by Ward Cressin 7 hours ago. 2 Replies

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service