All Discussions Tagged 'evolution' (77)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Is there truly taxonomy & phylogeny to the body plans of the Cambrian Explosion?

The overall framework of early metazoan evolution comes from molecular data, but they cannot provide insights into the anatomical changes a…

Started by Michael

129 Sep 27
Reply by Pope Beanie

Dumb Creationists Contest

Hey! So... the stupid Arc Park is opening not far from where I live. In "honor" of this event, I propose a challenge! Post the dumbest crea…

Started by Skycomet the Fallen Angel

86 Jul 11
Reply by Gregg RThomas

Meiosis to Mitosis - Evolution's unsolved riddle of the origins of sexual reproduction.

The one glaring gap in evolutionary theory that persists to baffle us is exactly how we went from asexual (meiosis) to sexual (mitosis) rep…

Started by Ed

26 Jan 29
Reply by TJ

The Pope admits that God is not omnipotent and Big Bang and evolution are real... (WTF!)

The theories of evolution and the Big Bang are real and God is not “a magician with a magic wand”, Pope Francis has declared. Speaking at t…

Started by Unseen

57 Jan 26
Reply by Pope Beanie

School Systems vs Teaching of Evolution

Not a special story here, but another example of our ongoing battle of maintaining our US constitutional mandate to keep church separate fr…

Started by Pope Beanie

15 Dec 29, 2015
Reply by SteveInCO

Creationism's Biggest Problem

We've all heard the arguments. Whether it be from Bill Nye in his debate against Ken Ham, or from Richard Dawkins in one of his many inspir…

Started by Josh Anon

11 Oct 10, 2015
Reply by Freethinker784

The cat is the pinnacle of evolution

I have been thinking about evolution lately and I am wondering if perhaps the finest mammalian product of evolution is the cat. Let's get o…

Started by Unseen

19 May 3, 2015
Reply by Unseen

My problem with Evolution

We can agree that natural selection, adaptations, mutations, gene flow, gene variance, ect all exist. But why do we all lump them together…

Started by ThyPlagueDoctor

62 Jan 3, 2015
Reply by Unseen

Testing the waters—and the waters aren’t good.

Testing the waters—and the waters aren’t good. I thought I might come out as atheist to my friend a couple weeks ago, when we went on a cam…

Started by Physeter

19 Sep 26, 2014
Reply by Virgil

What is "Rational thinking"?

We hear the word "rational" thrown around a lot.  I like to think I am a rational person but I often find some moments where I need to stru…

Started by Roy Plisko

196 Sep 9, 2014
Reply by Unseen

© 2016   Created by umar.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service