All Discussions Tagged 'education' (14)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Should getting a college degree be treated as a form of national service?

I've been thinking (always a dangerous enterprise). It's important to have people ready to defend the country, and so we are generous to th…

Started by Unseen

45 on Saturday
Reply by Unseen

Of course you know this means war....

Bugs Bunny is a role model for me. I think he's a pretty good role model.  He leaves people alone to do what they want to do until they get…

Started by Scott Graves

3 Sep 13
Reply by Scott Graves

Poll: do you trust science or religion?

The results are in. A recent AP-GFK poll found that Americans tend to disregard scientific evidence wherever it conflicts with religious po…

Started by Gallup's Mirror

0 Apr 21

There's another way to do higher education

Started by Unseen

2 Mar 23
Reply by Unseen

Religion in schools

where I come from, teaching faith is nothing unique to 'faith schools' all secondary schools have compulsory R.E. class (religious educatio…

Started by David Smith

30 Jan 9
Reply by Nicolas Gauvin

Utah State Senator Proposes Ending Mandatory Education

You know, I'm a lifelong Democrat, so when I saw this headline on huffingtonpost.com: "Aaron Osmond, Utah State Senator, Calls For End To M…

Started by Unseen

0 Jul 18, 2013

Enough already with propping up the girl students!

In the 1960s and '70s, when we sensed that our girls were not keeping up with our boys in education, we rolled up our collective sleeves an…

Started by Unseen

0 Jul 4, 2013

What does Belgium have that the United States does not?

It has 16th place in a list of best-educated countries. The United States is in 17th place. Here is the list starting with Finland, the bes…

Started by Unseen

116 Jun 13, 2013
Reply by Matt Giwer

The future of Africa

I had a great conversation with a young man from Uganda this week, and we were discussing the geopolitics of Africa. IMO, Africa is in a g…

Started by Melvinotis

0 Jun 8, 2013

thoughts on our world

Fake christians are at it again. Once more using media to spread hate. Like hate wasn't enough of a problem  already. We have religion tea…

Started by angela kozma

2 Apr 16, 2013
Reply by angela kozma

RSS

Forum

Awe struck

Started by Davis Goodman in Small Talk. Last reply by Tom Sarbeck 1 minute ago. 21 Replies

The Shinto Flower among the Weeds of Religion

Started by Cato Rigas in Advice. Last reply by Ward Cressin 4 hours ago. 7 Replies

In Defense of ‘Islamophobia’

Started by Brian Daurelle in Society. Last reply by Erock68la 6 hours ago. 46 Replies

Blog Posts

A Life-Changing Confrontation

Posted by Belle Rose on October 23, 2014 at 2:55am 1 Comment

Life Condensed

Posted by Cato Rigas on October 19, 2014 at 8:30pm 3 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service