All Discussions Tagged 'education' (12)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Poll: do you trust science or religion?

The results are in. A recent AP-GFK poll found that Americans tend to disregard scientific evidence wherever it conflicts with religious po…

Started by Gallup's Mirror

0 Apr 21

There's another way to do higher education

Started by Unseen

2 Mar 23
Reply by Unseen

Religion in schools

where I come from, teaching faith is nothing unique to 'faith schools' all secondary schools have compulsory R.E. class (religious educatio…

Started by David Smith

30 Jan 9
Reply by Nicolas Gauvin

Utah State Senator Proposes Ending Mandatory Education

You know, I'm a lifelong Democrat, so when I saw this headline on huffingtonpost.com: "Aaron Osmond, Utah State Senator, Calls For End To M…

Started by Unseen

0 Jul 18, 2013

Enough already with propping up the girl students!

In the 1960s and '70s, when we sensed that our girls were not keeping up with our boys in education, we rolled up our collective sleeves an…

Started by Unseen

0 Jul 4, 2013

What does Belgium have that the United States does not?

It has 16th place in a list of best-educated countries. The United States is in 17th place. Here is the list starting with Finland, the bes…

Started by Unseen

116 Jun 13, 2013
Reply by Matt Giwer

The future of Africa

I had a great conversation with a young man from Uganda this week, and we were discussing the geopolitics of Africa. IMO, Africa is in a g…

Started by Melvinotis

0 Jun 8, 2013

thoughts on our world

Fake christians are at it again. Once more using media to spread hate. Like hate wasn't enough of a problem  already. We have religion tea…

Started by angela kozma

2 Apr 16, 2013
Reply by angela kozma

Would indoctrinated kids be able to grasp the fundamentals of math and science in school if they weren't limited by religious beliefs?

I know this might seem quite obvious to some of you, but it's a question that popped up into my head and makes me wonder. When I was at sc…

Started by Jon van Rooyen

18 Apr 14, 2012
Reply by Eric Diaz

Unsurprising. Still Depressing

There's a lot to mourn about this Gallup poll on Americans' views of evolution: the raw numbers of people who believe humans have only been…

Started by Brian Spears

20 Jun 21, 2010
Reply by Keith Johnston

RSS

Forum

Your kid's friends

Started by Belle Rose in Atheist Parenting. Last reply by GTWilco 5 hours ago. 2 Replies

World conflict and problems other than Israel-Palestine.

Started by Davis Goodman in Small Talk. Last reply by Gallup's Mirror 11 hours ago. 54 Replies

Is Anything Worth Saying Anymore?

Started by Ari E. S. in Small Talk. Last reply by Fragile Nokia 20 hours ago. 5 Replies

Blog Posts

People

Posted by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp on July 28, 2014 at 10:27pm 4 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service