All Discussions Tagged 'discrimination' (15)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The gender wage gap is 91% not 77% and the reasons have very little to do with sexism

(W)e’re still not close to measuring women “doing the same work as men.” For that, we’d have to adjust for many other factors that go into…

Started by Unseen

1 Apr 27
Reply by Davis Goodman

Brendan Eich Ouster

I'm curious what the community thinks about the ouster (under pressure) of Brendan Eich from Mozilla. Should someone be deprived of their l…

Started by Dr. Bob

37 Apr 13
Reply by Unseen

Is the wage gap between men and women with us to stay?

Yes, there is irrational prejudice against women, especially as you go up the responsibility scale. (Men and women working low-end low-skil…

Started by Unseen

0 Feb 5

Uncomfortable religious discussions at work

This isn't something that's personally affected me at work yet, but it is happening to someone I know right now. His boss his very Christia…

Started by Stephy

4 Jul 24, 2013
Reply by James Cox

Pastor stiffs waitress: "I give God 10%. Why do you get 18?"

A Christian pastor, Alois Bell, stiffs a waitress in God's name at an Applebee's in St. Louis. Another waitress, atheist Chelsea Welch, pos…

Started by Gallup's Mirror

0 Feb 4, 2013

Have you suffered discrimination at work?

Hi - I'm writing an article for the BBC News website on workplace discrimination against atheists. I have seen a few stories on this site a…

Started by Brian Wheeler

149 Jan 8, 2013
Reply by James Cox

The Rights of the Minority

Many times with debating with theists over how poorly the atheist community is treated, they will tell me: "When you are the majority you c…

Started by Nerdy Keith

1 Jul 17, 2012
Reply by Arcus

Why do we need equality?

And why is anyone deserving of equality?  Despite the fact that most people on this planet desire equality and find its opposite unfair. We…

Started by Nerdy Keith

1 Mar 5, 2012
Reply by Doug Reardon

Human nature

It is my opinion that religion serves as a method of belief categorization. I could provide a lofty explanation with loads of detailed pers…

Started by Dustin Bowen

2 Dec 25, 2011
Reply by Dustin Bowen

Battle Royal of Religion, Does Atheism come out on top?

Ok here is the deal.Whether through humor, or just plain spite I have noticed on this site, and among some of the leadership in our Atheist…

Started by Shalee Mae Coleman

48 Aug 18, 2011
Reply by Jerod

RSS

Blog Posts

What do you do with the anger?

Posted by dataguy on September 20, 2014 at 5:12pm 3 Comments

Aftermath

Posted by Belle Rose on September 20, 2014 at 2:42am 5 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service