All Discussions Tagged 'death' (37)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The fear of death

When I first accepted atheism as my own personal philosophy, I could feel the excitement of rebellion as well as a comforting relief "knowi…

Started by Ronbun Kontan

100 Jun 16, 2011
Reply by Jason Ward

Proselytizing at Funerals

This is my first post at Think Atheist, so bear with me.  And also, hi there!   How do we draw the line at a funeral or memorial service wh…

Started by ugh ahaha

15 May 22, 2011
Reply by UnTarded

Death

How did you come to terms with the idea of nothing happening after you die?I still have issues with the fact that one day I'm just going to…

Started by Julien

129 Apr 28, 2011
Reply by basement kitteh

Offering Sympathy

Events like the tsunami in Japan always bring out the religious and they say they are "praying" for those in Japan.I don't believe prayer c…

Started by Courtney

15 Mar 25, 2011
Reply by Heather Spoonheim

Banning Assisted Suicide

http://http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2011/feb/16/idaho-moves-ban-assisted-suicide/   I was so distressed by this that I couldn't sleep a…

Started by M

38 Feb 22, 2011
Reply by William C. Walker

The Purpose of Evil

So I was at a buddy's last night.  This friend of mine is also an atheist, so we speak freely between us about our ideas on religion.  Ther…

Started by Keith J.

9 Jan 10, 2011
Reply by Professor Tanhauser

Conquering the Fear of Death

After reading further on about death I have come to evidence that makes me believe that having an afterlife is a FAR STREEETCH from reali…

Started by Bronson

29 Jan 7, 2011
Reply by Alex

"Parents' trial begins in death of Rhawnhurst toddler who did not receive medical care"

Posted on Wed, Dec. 8, 2010 Parents' trial begins in death of Rhawnhurst toddler who did not receive medical care By Joseph A. Slobodzian I…

Started by Amanda Artman

15 Dec 9, 2010
Reply by Brad J

The Death Penalty: A Case for Abolition

(After posting a blog yesterday arguing against the death penalty, I realized that the forums would be a much easier venue for a debate to…

Started by Shine

104 Nov 30, 2010
Reply by No name

Beyond Anything I Can Think Of...

Ok, here's the story:My father has been diagnosed with a disease that is shutting down both of his kidneys. It's no surprise, we've known t…

Started by Jon Heim

23 Nov 11, 2010
Reply by Precambrian Lullaby

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Forum

Things you hate.

Started by Devlin Cuite in Small Talk. Last reply by kris feenstra 26 minutes ago. 156 Replies

Blog Posts

Dead man's Switch

Posted by Philip Jarrett on April 18, 2014 at 11:29pm 0 Comments

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.