All Discussions Tagged 'death' (38)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

When and when not to join in religious services and celebrations

My beloved father died last Friday at the age of 92. While I dealt with his death in my own atheist way, most of my family of Episcopalians…

Started by Unseen

14 Feb 9, 2013
Reply by Kairan Nierde

Atheists: What's worse? Execution or life without parole?

I've been reading about the home invasion case that occurred in Cheshire, Connecticut on July 23, 2007. This deeply disturbing act of bruta…

Started by Gallup's Mirror

70 Jan 31, 2013
Reply by Suzanne Olson-Hyde

Roadside Memorials

Why not commemorate something more meaningful than how someone tragically died? I think they should put a memorial where the deceased loved…

Started by Lorne

16 Jul 11, 2012
Reply by Milly

Why don't Christians want to die & go to heaven?

This is a question I haven't heard asked by atheists or addressed by Christians before. If you (as a Christian) REALLY believe you get to…

Started by noisician

53 Mar 6, 2012
Reply by Unseen

How to Deal with Death

I've been an Atheist since pretty well forever and up until now, the idea of everyone dying and there being nothing didn't really mean a wh…

Started by Stephanie

7 Jan 9, 2012
Reply by Colleen

Burying the dead atheist.... how does it work?

Ive been to a few funerals and they've always been in a church, but thats not my thing! When my family and friends die, I dont want to be s…

Started by Rich

17 Dec 15, 2011
Reply by Helen Pluckrose

Marcus Aurelius: Thoughts on Death & Christians

Near the end of his life Marcus Aurelius (121-180 C.E.) wrote in Meditations about his thoughts on the readiness for death. "How admirable…

Started by Johnny

2 Nov 15, 2011
Reply by Kairan Nierde

A Death In The Family and The Only Atheist in the Room

I have lost a favorite Aunt this week and I am in a sea of religion right now.  I loved her so very much and for the most part the religiou…

Started by Aimee Eisiminger

17 Nov 10, 2011
Reply by Rocky Oliver (LotusGeek)

I HAVE A GOOD QUESTION...

Dose some one have a proof...what is after death...or what do u guys think (i know that most of u,if not all,are rational people so...i kno…

Started by Ramulescu Radu

24 Nov 6, 2011
Reply by Dave G

Atheists, Please Help - Death Of A Loved One

About two weeks after my 21st birthday last month, my mom died of cancer. I come from a Catholic family but I've privately been an atheist…

Started by Ciara

20 Sep 24, 2011
Reply by Evan Meinel

RSS

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service