All Discussions Tagged 'dawkins' (13)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Do the "New Atheists" have the right approach?

By New Atheists I mean figures such as Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris, Lawrence Krauss and the late Christopher Hitchens. The thing that chara…

Started by Simon Mathews

4 Sep 2
Reply by Nerdy Keith

SLATE: It Stands to Reason, Skeptics Can Be Sexist Too

It Stands to Reason, Skeptics Can Be Sexist Too.I spoke out about sexual harassment among atheists and scientists. Then came the rape threa…

Started by Tammi L Coles

1 Oct 25, 2012
Reply by Tammi L Coles

Richard Dawkins & Evolution

Which of Richard Dawkins' evolution or biology books are best to start with?  I am self teaching myself the theory of evolution, so I under…

Started by Nerdy Keith

10 Jul 20, 2012
Reply by Dale Headley

Hello from Seattle

Hello, I am new to the site. Live in Seattle, but originally from the UK. Already noticed that the discussions here, despite differences in…

Started by KaraC

21 Dec 5, 2011
Reply by KaraC

One more soul to the call

Hi there! I somehow managed to ignore this forum when I first joined this site, but I'm writing here now.   My name is Ingrid and I'm curre…

Started by Ingrid S

1 Mar 27, 2011
Reply by Adam Weber

It's good to have knowledge!

As I wondered the corridors at my place of work, which is incidentally are the corridors of a University in the UK. I’m wearing my “out cam…

Started by Jamie Hancock

1 Feb 10, 2011
Reply by Snowcrash

Richard Dawkins on CBC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NSk_ZeAH_I&feature=related A great debate. This guy is ridiculous intelligent- his arguments for secul…

Started by Anathema6205

0 Dec 13, 2010

Humanist vs. Atheists?

I have read this article published today in the Huffington Post, Secular Humanist Takes on New Atheism. The article plots those like Dawkin…

Started by Frank

19 Mar 30, 2010
Reply by Reggie

Is Richard Dawkins basically a fundamentalist?

Tinker observes that Dawkins has all the hallmarks of fundamentalist religion: Vehemence Narrow-mindedness Intolerance Is he basically jus…

Started by louise :)

65 Feb 27, 2010
Reply by Reggie

Richard Dawkins vs. the creationistas

Richard Dawkins is the world's atheist-in-chief. His last book, The God Delusion, sold millions of copies and sparked a worldwide debate ab…

Started by Kiamema

7 Oct 20, 2009
Reply by Christian Thompson

RSS

Atheist Sites

Blog Posts

Rounding Up?

Posted by Carol Foley on November 20, 2014 at 3:17am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service