All Discussions Tagged 'church' (47)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Now The Catholic Church Is Arguing That Fetuses Are NOT Persons (loud forehead slap)

Lori Stodghill was 31-years old, seven-months pregnant with twin boys and feeling sick when she arrived at St. Thomas More hospital in Caño…

Started by Unseen

4 Jan 27, 2013
Reply by Sarah Jane Hall

"Let us [NOT] pray" at political events

I was a little peeved by the benediction during today's Inauguration Ceremony for Barack Obama. Private prayer (though still unhelpful) is…

Started by Arianne Nicole

30 Jan 25, 2013
Reply by Donald S. Chase

How do you deal?

How do you deal with being inundated with religious suggestions, comments and dialogue on a daily basis? I feel like since I finally identi…

Started by Asidius

51 Jan 12, 2013
Reply by SteveInCO

Christmas tree or holiday tree?

I was watching the news earlier and Boston is putting up a "holiday tree" this year instead of a Christmas tree, in order to be political c…

Started by Matt

21 Dec 5, 2012
Reply by Karl Mugele

Sentenced to church.

Hello everybody. So... Apparently some judge in Oklahoma sentenced a 17 year old to church for manslaughter charges. Here's a link to the s…

Started by John Phillips

6 Nov 28, 2012
Reply by Tiffany Willoughby

Should I tell My Pastor I'm An Atheist?

I know, the knee-jerk answer is "of course not!" But this man has been my pastor, teacher, neighbor, and boss at various points in my life,…

Started by Emily DW

23 Jun 3, 2012
Reply by Courtney Hammett

Raising Children in a Church

First of all, I have been frequenting this site for a while but haven't gotten an account until now. I admire this community, though, and I…

Started by Emily DW

27 May 29, 2012
Reply by Emily DW

Is voluntary celibacy a danger to the human psychie ?

I am referring to fully sexually active adults, not asexuals. There is a strong argument amongst some non-religious and lapsed Catholics th…

Started by Nerdy Keith

12 Feb 18, 2012
Reply by Reg The Fronkey Farmer

Trying to Reason with Fundies is Pointless... so... what can we do?

The more time that passes and the more books I read, the more I realize how dangerous the religious right is, and how pointless it is to tr…

Started by Skycomet the Fallen Angel

92 Feb 10, 2012
Reply by Solomon Dickson

Need some advice about Christian friends

Good day everyone on the Think Atheist forum. I hope your holidays have been good & treated you well this year. I'm here today because…

Started by Branden Ballard

17 Dec 31, 2011
Reply by Branden Ballard

RSS

Forum

Torture Report release today

Started by Unseen in Ethics & Morals. Last reply by Erock68la 8 minutes ago. 123 Replies

Ear-piercing a baby

Started by Simon Mathews in Atheist Parenting. Last reply by Belle Rose 2 hours ago. 6 Replies

Why do we tolerate this?

Started by Belle Rose in Crime and Punishment. Last reply by Pope Beanie 3 hours ago. 25 Replies

In Defense of ‘Islamophobia’

Started by Brian Daurelle in Society. Last reply by Virgil 5 hours ago. 202 Replies

My Grandpa died last week

Started by Physeter in Small Talk. Last reply by Erock68la 8 hours ago. 7 Replies

Blog Posts

Pabst Blue Ribbon to the rescue!

Posted by Ed on December 15, 2014 at 9:33pm 0 Comments

Finally, a cool billboard in Arkansas!

Posted by Ed on December 15, 2014 at 8:21am 2 Comments

Atheist Sites

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service