All Discussions Tagged 'christmas' (10)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How many babies in the US are the result of virgin birth?

A lot, it seems. According to a survey recently published in the BMJ, women in the United States claim that 0.8% of pregnancies and 0.5% of…

Started by Gallup's Mirror

0 Dec 23, 2013

Atheist Caroling #1 - Inject Comic relief into the Christmas Wars! ^_^

Okay... who else is irritated by Christmas yet? I certainly am! I don't loathe christmas... just the overblown crap...   So... I will post…

Started by Skycomet the Fallen Angel

4 Aug 22, 2013
Reply by archaeopteryx

A christian asked me why I celebrate christmas....

I got an email on facebook recently from some christian who asked the question "If you're such an atheist, how come you celebrate christmas…

Started by Codie L Miller

19 Dec 27, 2012
Reply by Unseen

"Bless you" and Christmas

Hi guys,   I lurk here a lot and love to read your discussions. I have some need for advice, and while I understand that going to an atheis…

Started by Michael Murphy

0 Dec 16, 2011

Why do people we all know and work with, just "assume" that we believe what they believe? This usually becomes self evident around christmas, when everyone just assumes you are a believer in christ?

Happens every year around this time. People automatically assume, you believe as they do. They hand you a religious card with some religiou…

Started by Steve

6 Oct 12, 2011
Reply by Fred Werther

Secular ways of Celebrating Religious Holidays - Share Ideas - New Titles for the Holidays

There has been a lot of great advice given regarding what to do on Easter Day when spending it with Christians (thanks for that). This is a…

Started by Chris Lambert

6 Apr 24, 2011
Reply by Akshay Bist

Pressured to Pray

Edit:Problem is solved, but feel free to reply with any opinions.***   ------------------- On christmas I told my mom that I wasn't going…

Started by Bronson

100 Jan 11, 2011
Reply by John Slanston

Got this letter from my Grandmother

This is an email i just received from my grandmother. she has always been sweet to me, but since i have admitted to myself that i don't bel…

Started by Jessica Renee

38 Dec 29, 2010
Reply by Michael Sizer-Watt

Garrison Keillor: Don't Mess with Christmas

Garrison Keillor, of Public Radio fame, offered the following rant on Slate.com: I've just come from Cambridge, that beehive of brilliance…

Started by Joshua McGee

1 Dec 25, 2009
Reply by Joshua McGee

Christmas

I'm curious to hear how everyone here gets through the holiday season each year. For me, Christmas is the only religious holiday I really…

Started by Julie

15 Aug 7, 2009
Reply by Cara Coleen

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service