All Discussions Tagged 'brain' (11)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Apparently, one way to destroy your brain is to use the Internet

The following excerpt is from this article. ********** Gray matter atrophy: Multiple studies have shown atrophy (shrinkage or loss of tissu…

Started by Unseen

10 Jun 18
Reply by James Cox

Religion makes my head hurt, and here's why

Intuitively, belief in an absurdity means suspension of disbelief. I'm sure this research is not brand new to many TA members, but just in…

Started by Andy Hoke

0 Apr 22

How to drive drunk without damaging your liver...yay or nay?

Imagine enjoying a seasonal drink at a Christmas party without the risk of a hangover the next day, or being able then to take an antidote…

Started by Unseen

0 Nov 12, 2013

HOW DO YOU KNOW?

I can say the same thing, with different intonation, and mean something entirely different - "How do you know?" "How do YOU know?" "How do…

Started by archaeopteryx

0 Sep 10, 2013

Out-of-body experience while braindead/brain surgery?

Hi! I'm currently living with some relatives. They're not religious, but I guess you could call them spiritual. Recently, I've discussed li…

Started by Ingrid S

1 Nov 28, 2012
Reply by Oldgoldtop

Human nature

It is my opinion that religion serves as a method of belief categorization. I could provide a lofty explanation with loads of detailed pers…

Started by Dustin Bowen

2 Dec 25, 2011
Reply by Dustin Bowen

Persinger's God Helmet

I realise this study is pretty old so a lot of people would have heard of it, but I just thought it was interesting enough to post up here.…

Started by Martha Everett

9 Aug 20, 2011
Reply by Jim Minion

Free Will vs Gods plan, or not

so one of the reasons atheists say god doesn't exist is that he has no referance to time. so he is both in the past and in the future (with…

Started by Berty

14 Apr 22, 2011
Reply by Nelson

What is the scientific probability of the human subconscious being mistaken for a soul?

Soul. Spirit. Essence. Whatever you call it, even after we've long given up the idea of an after-life or all-knowing force guiding our fate…

Started by Misty: Baytheist Living!

2 Mar 26, 2011
Reply by Michael

Court fight over brain-damaged woman's children.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/04/22/california.triplets.visitation.lawsuits/index.html (CNN) -- Abbie Dorn always wanted children, and in…

Started by Misty: Baytheist Living!

1 Apr 26, 2010
Reply by Amy Victoria

RSS

Blog Posts

PI = 4

Posted by _Robert_ on September 16, 2014 at 8:53pm 4 Comments

Invictus

Posted by Marinda on September 11, 2014 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service