All Discussions Tagged 'bible' (37)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Burning holy books

I know this is a provocative question but it has to be asked.  What would happen if a group of people went out in the street and burned a B…

Started by Richmond

141 Nov 29, 2011
Reply by dd

What is the "mark of Cain"?

The passage on the mark of Cain. Genesis 4:8-16 (KJV): 8And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the…

Started by Carol Whitt

5 Oct 23, 2011
Reply by Rob Todd

Why do people read the Bible on the way to work?

To those who've deconverted from Christianity: when I'm riding to work on the subway, I invariably will see 2-3 people reading what is clea…

Started by gerrymander

32 Sep 9, 2011
Reply by Great Dane

Is atheism included in God's ultimate plan? Any Christians please riddle me this...

I was deep in thought today at work, and remembered how I was told that I 'was formed in my mother's womb by God himself.'  Here is Psalm 1…

Started by Merlin Mercer

37 Jul 5, 2011
Reply by Michael

Discussion with 2 old classmates on Facebook

Below is the discussion that's been going on between Gary, John and myself.  This is only 1 topic but it's been jumping around between seve…

Started by River Lizard

10 Jun 6, 2011
Reply by Steve

Why can't I own a Canadian?

I was browsing through TheThinkingAtheist's facebook page, since people tend to post a lot of great things there. Then I stumbled upon this…

Started by Artem Mikhalitsin

10 Jun 6, 2011
Reply by Robert Karp

I'm a divorced atheist mother of 4 young children and I live on the bible belt.

They're still young, but the oldest 2 are in school now, and already I'm feeling frustration at the constant presence of religion. It's a p…

Started by Amy

8 Jun 3, 2011
Reply by Nathan Palo

Hi new here!

For the past 6 years I've been living in the bible belt, attended a roman catholic high school (became a skeptic there around sophomore yea…

Started by Barber

8 May 26, 2011
Reply by Barber

Discussions with a theist (Prophecies).

Back story: I am currently 19 years old and over the years of being brought up in a 'free thinking' family, in which I was allowed to find…

Started by Adam

18 May 23, 2011
Reply by Scarlette Blues

Banning Assisted Suicide

http://http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2011/feb/16/idaho-moves-ban-assisted-suicide/   I was so distressed by this that I couldn't sleep a…

Started by M

38 Feb 22, 2011
Reply by William C. Walker

RSS

Forum

The Shinto Flower among the Weeds of Religion

Started by Cato Rigas in Advice. Last reply by Belle Rose 2 hours ago. 3 Replies

Awe struck

Started by Davis Goodman in Small Talk. Last reply by Unseen 13 hours ago. 15 Replies

"I'm Christian and I vote."

Started by Ed in Small Talk. Last reply by James Cox 14 hours ago. 40 Replies

Blog Posts

Life Condensed

Posted by Cato Rigas on October 19, 2014 at 8:30pm 1 Comment

Cool Vehicle Inspection!

Posted by Ed on October 18, 2014 at 9:03am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service