All Discussions Tagged 'bible' (37)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Burning holy books

I know this is a provocative question but it has to be asked.  What would happen if a group of people went out in the street and burned a B…

Started by Richmond

141 Nov 29, 2011
Reply by dd

What is the "mark of Cain"?

The passage on the mark of Cain. Genesis 4:8-16 (KJV): 8And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the…

Started by Carol Whitt

5 Oct 23, 2011
Reply by Rob Todd

Why do people read the Bible on the way to work?

To those who've deconverted from Christianity: when I'm riding to work on the subway, I invariably will see 2-3 people reading what is clea…

Started by gerrymander

32 Sep 9, 2011
Reply by Great Dane

Is atheism included in God's ultimate plan? Any Christians please riddle me this...

I was deep in thought today at work, and remembered how I was told that I 'was formed in my mother's womb by God himself.'  Here is Psalm 1…

Started by Merlin Mercer

37 Jul 5, 2011
Reply by Michael

Discussion with 2 old classmates on Facebook

Below is the discussion that's been going on between Gary, John and myself.  This is only 1 topic but it's been jumping around between seve…

Started by River Lizard

10 Jun 6, 2011
Reply by Steve

Why can't I own a Canadian?

I was browsing through TheThinkingAtheist's facebook page, since people tend to post a lot of great things there. Then I stumbled upon this…

Started by Artem Mikhalitsin

10 Jun 6, 2011
Reply by Robert Karp

I'm a divorced atheist mother of 4 young children and I live on the bible belt.

They're still young, but the oldest 2 are in school now, and already I'm feeling frustration at the constant presence of religion. It's a p…

Started by Amy

8 Jun 3, 2011
Reply by Nathan Palo

Hi new here!

For the past 6 years I've been living in the bible belt, attended a roman catholic high school (became a skeptic there around sophomore yea…

Started by Barber

8 May 26, 2011
Reply by Barber

Discussions with a theist (Prophecies).

Back story: I am currently 19 years old and over the years of being brought up in a 'free thinking' family, in which I was allowed to find…

Started by Adam

18 May 23, 2011
Reply by Scarlette Blues

Banning Assisted Suicide

http://http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2011/feb/16/idaho-moves-ban-assisted-suicide/   I was so distressed by this that I couldn't sleep a…

Started by M

38 Feb 22, 2011
Reply by William C. Walker

RSS

Forum

Your kid's friends

Started by Belle Rose in Atheist Parenting. Last reply by Simon Paynton 28 minutes ago. 5 Replies

World conflict and problems other than Israel-Palestine.

Started by Davis Goodman in Small Talk. Last reply by Gallup's Mirror 13 hours ago. 54 Replies

Is Anything Worth Saying Anymore?

Started by Ari E. S. in Small Talk. Last reply by Fragile Nokia 22 hours ago. 5 Replies

Blog Posts

People

Posted by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp on July 28, 2014 at 10:27pm 4 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service