All Discussions Tagged 'and' (50)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Does saving 7,300 lives justify a "stop and frisk" policy?

A federal judge ruled on Monday that the stop-and-frisk tactics of the New York Police Department violated the constitutional rights of min…

Started by Unseen

14 Aug 15, 2013
Reply by H3xx

Church-The "Hook-up" Place

I was chatting with a guy who says he is going through the congregation, one single mom at a time. He says in their quest for a "god fearin…

Started by _Robert_

9 Jul 4, 2013
Reply by Belle Rose

Dark matter

I came across this and thought it was  pretty cool.http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-22155222 The way physics is going we are g…

Started by angela kozma

0 Apr 15, 2013

"Let us [NOT] pray" at political events

I was a little peeved by the benediction during today's Inauguration Ceremony for Barack Obama. Private prayer (though still unhelpful) is…

Started by Arianne Nicole

30 Jan 25, 2013
Reply by Donald S. Chase

Christmas tree or holiday tree?

I was watching the news earlier and Boston is putting up a "holiday tree" this year instead of a Christmas tree, in order to be political c…

Started by Matt

21 Dec 5, 2012
Reply by Karl Mugele

Any Atheist Role Players Out There?

Separating from the norm of this site, I was wondering if anyone around here was into Role Playing. No, not that kind of role playing yah d…

Started by Grady Jean

4 Sep 29, 2012
Reply by kOrsan

The Martian Mountain Near Curiosity/MSL: Aeolis Mons or Mount Sharp?

The popular astronomy magazine Sky & Telescope (of which I am a proud subscriber) recently posted a public poll at http://www.skyandtel

Started by David Conrad

2 Aug 13, 2012
Reply by David Conrad

Common Misconceptions of Christianity

I’d like to burn some very typical straw men. Hopefully, in the debate over Christianity, these unnecessary issues can be avoided. Creation…

Started by Kevin Harris

576 Jul 19, 2012
Reply by Nerdy Keith

Teaching Creationism in Tennessee Schools

Legislation has recently passed in Tennessee that will allow teachers and students to question current "controversial theories" like evolut…

Started by Brandon Langham

18 Apr 13, 2012
Reply by Kyle Wilkins

Calvin and Hobbes

How did Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes become a symbol of christian values? Bill Waterson was possibly and atheist and most certainly an agn…

Started by Anders Herreid-O'Neill

10 Mar 26, 2012
Reply by Peter Norling

RSS

© 2015   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service