All Discussions Tagged 'and' (47)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

"Let us [NOT] pray" at political events

I was a little peeved by the benediction during today's Inauguration Ceremony for Barack Obama. Private prayer (though still unhelpful) is…

Started by Arianne Nicole

30 Jan 25, 2013
Reply by Donald S. Chase

Christmas tree or holiday tree?

I was watching the news earlier and Boston is putting up a "holiday tree" this year instead of a Christmas tree, in order to be political c…

Started by Matt

21 Dec 5, 2012
Reply by Karl Mugele

Any Atheist Role Players Out There?

Separating from the norm of this site, I was wondering if anyone around here was into Role Playing. No, not that kind of role playing yah d…

Started by Grady Jean

4 Sep 29, 2012
Reply by kOrsan

The Martian Mountain Near Curiosity/MSL: Aeolis Mons or Mount Sharp?

The popular astronomy magazine Sky & Telescope (of which I am a proud subscriber) recently posted a public poll at http://www.skyandtel

Started by David Conrad

2 Aug 13, 2012
Reply by David Conrad

Common Misconceptions of Christianity

I’d like to burn some very typical straw men. Hopefully, in the debate over Christianity, these unnecessary issues can be avoided. Creation…

Started by Kevin Harris

576 Jul 19, 2012
Reply by Nerdy Keith

Teaching Creationism in Tennessee Schools

Legislation has recently passed in Tennessee that will allow teachers and students to question current "controversial theories" like evolut…

Started by Brandon Langham

18 Apr 13, 2012
Reply by Kyle Wilkins

Calvin and Hobbes

How did Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes become a symbol of christian values? Bill Waterson was possibly and atheist and most certainly an agn…

Started by Anders Herreid-O'Neill

10 Mar 26, 2012
Reply by Peter Norling

Trying to Reason with Fundies is Pointless... so... what can we do?

The more time that passes and the more books I read, the more I realize how dangerous the religious right is, and how pointless it is to tr…

Started by Skycomet the Fallen Angel

92 Feb 10, 2012
Reply by Solomon Dickson

What to do when the family is godly?

I remember it distinctly: I was  hanging out at the swings of my elementary school.  In my head was GOD, but I had just heard about evoluti…

Started by Aiken Drums Sister

10 Dec 15, 2011
Reply by Edward Nygma

Heaven and Hell

As someone who grew up Jewish, I am pretty knowledgable when it comes to Old Testament... so I know when people mention the ideas of heaven…

Started by Avi Katz

0 Dec 11, 2011

RSS

Forum

In Defense of ‘Islamophobia’

Started by Brian Daurelle in Society. Last reply by Davis Goodman 50 minutes ago. 48 Replies

Awe struck

Started by Davis Goodman in Small Talk. Last reply by Davis Goodman 1 hour ago. 26 Replies

The Shinto Flower among the Weeds of Religion

Started by Cato Rigas in Advice. Last reply by Ward Cressin 8 hours ago. 7 Replies

Blog Posts

A Life-Changing Confrontation

Posted by Belle Rose on October 23, 2014 at 2:55am 2 Comments

Life Condensed

Posted by Cato Rigas on October 19, 2014 at 8:30pm 3 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service