All Discussions Tagged 'Morality' (12)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Homosexuality in the Bible

We’ve all seen them standing on street corners, screaming at the top of their lungs while tiny bits of drool run out of the corners of thei…

Started by S.P. Everett

7 Jun 26
Reply by Gallup's Mirror

The better part of religion / Why do you not need religion?

some religious people really do benefit from aspects of their religion/belief structure, no question in that.  But does it have to be that…

Started by David Smith

11 Jan 9
Reply by James Cox

Forced Morality

Does the practice of forced or commanded morality make you a moral person? I ran upon this quote and it was a revelation of sorts. If I we…

Started by _Robert_

17 Mar 23, 2013
Reply by Barry Adamson

Secular Morality: Having Faith in Humanity

ALL right, all right. And so: Here we are. I posted this same text on my blog earlier, but eager as I am for some deliberation/discussion,…

Started by Roman Candles

0 Mar 11, 2013

Review: Les [Religieuse] Miserables

Hello Heathens, So, I finally went to see the new Les Miserables musical. I read the book some years ago, and I always knew there was a goo…

Started by M.B.

2 Feb 5, 2013
Reply by Johno

[Christian Challenge] I propose: Please name specific, rather simplified, examples and evident proof that morality is rooted in Religion.

I've seen plenty of ruthless debates on YouTube of non-believers literally destroy the opposing defending "faither" on claims of morality.…

Started by Corey Nemec

1 Oct 31, 2012
Reply by Sagacious Hawk

There has to be an absolute morality

The value of anything is established by its properties.  If values aren't really arbitrary, then there is an absolute morality.  The rest o…

Started by John Kelly

344 Oct 19, 2012
Reply by Heather Spoonheim

Can someone explain all this "relative morals" thing?

Some time ago I watched a discussion between Sam Harris and Craig, and I must admit, I'm confused about this "relative morality" concept. A…

Started by Lucas M. Tavares

51 Oct 12, 2012
Reply by Israel

What can science say about morality?

I was inspired by this thought because of a lecture given by Sam Harris and the following discussion between him and Richard Dawkins.  Do y…

Started by Gustaf D

45 Jan 17, 2012
Reply by Simon Paynton

Ethical Behaviors in Chimps

Much fodder is made by the right in discussing where morality and societal ethics come from. The notion that the US is based on the Ten Com…

Started by Gaytor

1 Nov 18, 2010
Reply by Gaytor

RSS

Blog Posts

PI = 4

Posted by _Robert_ on September 16, 2014 at 8:53pm 4 Comments

Invictus

Posted by Marinda on September 11, 2014 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service