All Discussions Tagged 'Ethics' (8)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Facebook Discussion with a Preacher

I had a friend from high school "friend me" on Facebook years ago. He's a preacher now and even though I'm an atheist I kept him as a frien…

Started by Randy Riggs

54 Mar 28, 2013
Reply by Val Wuthrich

[Christian Challenge] I propose: Please name specific, rather simplified, examples and evident proof that morality is rooted in Religion.

I've seen plenty of ruthless debates on YouTube of non-believers literally destroy the opposing defending "faither" on claims of morality.…

Started by Corey Nemec

1 Oct 31, 2012
Reply by Sagacious Hawk

Can someone explain all this "relative morals" thing?

Some time ago I watched a discussion between Sam Harris and Craig, and I must admit, I'm confused about this "relative morality" concept. A…

Started by Lucas M. Tavares

51 Oct 12, 2012
Reply by Israel

Off-topic Ethics Question: Are there situations where it's OK to torrent an ebook, such as this one?

***MODERATOR'S NOTE: THE ACTUAL INFRINGING OF COPYRIGHTS OR THE FACILITATION OF SAME ARE EXPLICITLY PROHIBITED BY THINK ATHEIST'S GUIDELINE…

Started by Rocky Oliver (LotusGeek)

7 Apr 8, 2012
Reply by Nelson

Ethical Behaviors in Chimps

Much fodder is made by the right in discussing where morality and societal ethics come from. The notion that the US is based on the Ten Com…

Started by Gaytor

1 Nov 18, 2010
Reply by Gaytor

Life Lessons from the Movies

What lessons in life were taught to you by movies? Maybe you were taught a lesson but a movie line or premise taught you the moral lesson.…

Started by Gaytor

23 Sep 14, 2010
Reply by Mrs. Jones

DEALING WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY

So you are a non-theist, maybe you recently made this decision or maybe it has been a lifelong thought process that you have always had. B…

Started by Savage Science

16 Aug 23, 2009
Reply by Godless Girl

A Free Pass to be a Racist?

Last night I watched Gran Torino. If you haven't seen it, the gist is a old white man in the Mid-West who is racist learns to love a famil…

Started by Gaytor

7 Jun 19, 2009
Reply by Dave G

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Forum

Things you hate.

Started by Devlin Cuite in Small Talk. Last reply by kris feenstra 26 minutes ago. 156 Replies

Blog Posts

Dead man's Switch

Posted by Philip Jarrett on April 18, 2014 at 11:29pm 0 Comments

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.