All Discussions Tagged '' (6,054)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

What is the Destiny of Intelligence?

Intelligent self awareness baffles me sometimes.  The universe has, literally, slammed enough atoms and molecules together for long enough…

Started by Roy Plisko

29 2 hours ago
Reply by Pope Beanie

conspiracy theories

The last stage I went through before finally acknowledging to myself that I'm atheist is the conspiracy theory stage. As I look back on it…

Started by Seth Richardson

14 4 hours ago
Reply by Pope Beanie

Why do we want to show people they are wrong?

Look I am all for religious discussion and all that but when a believer starts talking with us and we "Show him what he believes is crock"…

Started by Haugurma

48 7 hours ago
Reply by Haugurma

Should drinking to excess during pregnancy be a crime?

A test case is currently on-going in the UK whereby lawyers acting on behalf of a seven year old disabled girl who has Foetal Alcohol Syndr…

Started by Simon Mathews

24 12 hours ago
Reply by Arcus

Pandora's Promise — Reconsidering nuclear power

For many people my age (the boomers who became The Hippie Generation), our introduction to nuclear energy was the H-bomb (the A-bomb came b…

Started by Unseen

16 13 hours ago
Reply by Arcus

Marriage makes women fat?

Do you think this contributes to the divorce rate? Men are no longer attracted to their wives who have piled on the pounds therefore they c…

Started by Logicallunatic

10 15 hours ago
Reply by Davis Goodman

Up the duff. How about some secular baby names?

Don't want to give my baby a religious baby name. Any ideas about how to go about locating a list of secular baby names (which aren't too f…

Started by Kairan Nierde

10 yesterday
Reply by Brittnee Youngs

Criticize the ideology, not the person?

I find myself having mixed feelings about this idea of “criticize the ideology, not the person” when discussing religion.  I guess it’s pol…

Started by Erock68la

23 yesterday
Reply by Pope Beanie

Colonizing Mars- Any Volunteers?

Many in the realm of space exploration believe a manned mission to Mars is possible within the next twenty to thirty years. One issue is th…

Started by Ed

57 on Wednesday
Reply by Ludwik Kowalski

The Pope admits that God is not omnipotent and Big Bang and evolution are real... (WTF!)

The theories of evolution and the Big Bang are real and God is not “a magician with a magic wand”, Pope Francis has declared. Speaking at t…

Started by Unseen

55 on Tuesday
Reply by Unseen

RSS

Atheist Sites

Blog Posts

Rounding Up?

Posted by Carol Foley on November 20, 2014 at 3:17am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service