Tom Margolis's Discussions (15)

Discussions Replied To (12) Replies Latest Activity

"General observation: It seems that many atheists - including many on this site - are…"

Tom Margolis replied Jul 16, 2012 to When do you think people will finally start to understand atheism?

353 Nov 26, 2012
Reply by Tiffany Willoughby

"> They learned. Who is "they"? Babies aren't born with the lessons of history har…"

Tom Margolis replied May 7, 2012 to When do you think people will finally start to understand atheism?

353 Nov 26, 2012

"Human minds did not evolve to be logical machines - cognitive bias is deeply embedde…"

Tom Margolis replied May 6, 2012 to When do you think people will finally start to understand atheism?

353 Nov 26, 2012

"I would argue that that's because your cognitive mode naturally allows atheism.  In…"

Tom Margolis replied Apr 8, 2012 to When do you think people will finally start to understand atheism?

353 Nov 26, 2012

"I have to strongly disagree.  Belief in the supernatural is not solely a consequence…"

Tom Margolis replied Apr 8, 2012 to When do you think people will finally start to understand atheism?

353 Nov 26, 2012

"Many seem to confuse the feeling of having free will with non-determinism.  The two…"

Tom Margolis replied Apr 4, 2012 to Free will seems like a non-issue.

68 Apr 5, 2012
Reply by Unseen

"I've never believed in gods or an afterlife, and the fact of my own death still make…"

Tom Margolis replied Apr 3, 2012 to Dealing with the inevitable

158 Nov 26, 2012

"1. Being religious and believing in supernatural powers are two separate issues.  I…"

Tom Margolis replied Apr 3, 2012 to When do you think people will finally start to understand atheism?

353 Nov 26, 2012

"What matters is that it *feels* like we have free will.  Whether or not all, some, o…"

Tom Margolis replied Apr 3, 2012 to Free will seems like a non-issue.

68 Apr 5, 2012
Reply by Unseen

"I see nothing wrong with praying, talking to god, and so forth.  It doesn't mean you…"

Tom Margolis replied Apr 3, 2012 to Near moment of weakness

43 Apr 20, 2012
Reply by CJoe

RSS

Forum

Awe struck

Started by Davis Goodman in Small Talk. Last reply by Reg The Fronkey Farmer 28 minutes ago. 30 Replies

Sunday Disassembly

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer in Society. Last reply by Simon Paynton 1 hour ago. 10 Replies

In Defense of ‘Islamophobia’

Started by Brian Daurelle in Society. Last reply by Tom Sarbeck 2 hours ago. 50 Replies

Blog Posts

A Life-Changing Confrontation

Posted by Belle Rose on October 23, 2014 at 2:55am 3 Comments

Life Condensed

Posted by Cato Rigas on October 19, 2014 at 8:30pm 3 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service