Simon Paynton's Discussions (3,522)

Discussions Replied To (3128) Replies Latest Activity

"“Unfortunately, church and spirituality are not high priorities for Black Lives Matt…"

Simon Paynton replied Mar 23 to Does Secularism make things worse?

72 Apr 7
Reply by Simon Paynton

"It's an interesting question.  It seems plain that politics in the West has become m…"

Simon Paynton replied Mar 21 to Does Secularism make things worse?

72 Apr 7
Reply by Simon Paynton

"That said, there are animals such as chimpanzees and bonobos (our closest relatives)…"

Simon Paynton replied Mar 20 to Why are atheists & humanists still behind religions in caring for the socially excluded?

36 Mar 29
Reply by Tyrion

""evolution has done this work, and animals are just left with the psychological moti…"

Simon Paynton replied Mar 20 to Why are atheists & humanists still behind religions in caring for the socially excluded?

36 Mar 29
Reply by Tyrion

"What we get in the Bible is all in poetical language.  Jesus was trying to put acros…"

36 Mar 29
Reply by Tyrion

"I've read The Selfish Gene, which is where I got my ideas about the genetic imperati…"

Simon Paynton replied Mar 19 to Why are atheists & humanists still behind religions in caring for the socially excluded?

36 Mar 29
Reply by Tyrion

""the genetic imperative and the behaviour of an organism are not the same thing"  -…"

Simon Paynton replied Mar 19 to Why are atheists & humanists still behind religions in caring for the socially excluded?

36 Mar 29
Reply by Tyrion

""unscientific, Romantic"  - it's not unscientific or romantic to say that every indi…"

36 Mar 29
Reply by Tyrion

"I think the key to understanding this situation is "dominance hierarchies".  Within…"

36 Mar 29
Reply by Tyrion

""survive into adult hood"  - to do this, an animal needs to be healthy (= to thrive)…"

36 Mar 29
Reply by Tyrion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Rebel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service