Simon Paynton's Discussions (2,088)

Discussions Replied To (1907) Replies Latest Activity

"Secular morality says that usually we should act unselfishly, and sometimes selfishl…"

Simon Paynton replied yesterday to An atheist has to be a moral/ethical relativist

132 14 hours ago
Reply by Mai

"So there's a risk that this natural motivation can be twisted and used to justify se…"

Simon Paynton replied yesterday to An atheist has to be a moral/ethical relativist

132 14 hours ago
Reply by Mai

"Secular morality has to be ultimately motivated by self-interest, because there's no…"

132 14 hours ago
Reply by Mai

"Beneficial for me, that is, not the charity.  This actually shows up a clear gap in…"

132 14 hours ago
Reply by Mai

"I like your analogy of a road map.  I think that's what a moral system is - a road m…"

132 14 hours ago
Reply by Mai

"To achieve God's grace (if you translate it into atheist terms) is the object of mor…"

Simon Paynton replied on Tuesday to An atheist has to be a moral/ethical relativist

132 14 hours ago
Reply by Mai

"In other words, to try and understand somebody is a compassionate act, for several r…"

Simon Paynton replied on Tuesday to An atheist has to be a moral/ethical relativist

132 14 hours ago
Reply by Mai

"This is interesting, an example of empathy in action.  He defines empathy as not onl…"

132 14 hours ago
Reply by Mai

"I'm reminded, and it's worth remembering, that cooperative behaviour is the great st…"

132 14 hours ago
Reply by Mai

"Everyone seems to have a different definition. "

132 14 hours ago
Reply by Mai

RSS

Services we love!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2015   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service