Dr. Bob's Discussions (1,974)

Discussions Replied To (1954) Replies Latest Activity

"Except that doesn't require belief in a deity.  Belief in a tribe is sufficient, or…"

Dr. Bob replied Dec 30, 2016 to What would you consider evidence?

241 Jan 5
Reply by TJ

"And yet our enormous corpus of religious texts and centuries of experience have reco…"

241 Jan 5
Reply by TJ

"Nothing.  Religion is practiced by modern human beings, using modern understandings.…"

241 Jan 5
Reply by TJ

"This doesn't follow, @Unseen. One can generate a great deal of complexity from simpl…"

Dr. Bob replied Dec 30, 2016 to Neil Degrasse has been quoted speaking of the Universe as concieveably being a simulation. Is such a notion plausibly possible?

67 Jan 12
Reply by Michael

"I apologize, @Davis, that was rather flippant of me.  It just would have been too lo…"

241 Jan 5
Reply by TJ

"No, I did a quick search in academic indexes for review articles or metastudies on t…"

241 Jan 5
Reply by TJ

"Huh? We've invented everything that we're now familiar with.  Religion, science, his…"

Dr. Bob replied Dec 29, 2016 to What would you consider evidence?

241 Jan 5
Reply by TJ

"I was more referring to the irony of someone having faith in a "Scientific Method,"…"

Dr. Bob replied Dec 29, 2016 to You have faith too....

248 Dec 29, 2016
Reply by Dr. Bob

"Hopefully!   I'm not sure we want to encourage church officials to comment on scienc…"

Dr. Bob replied Dec 29, 2016 to Neil Degrasse has been quoted speaking of the Universe as concieveably being a simulation. Is such a notion plausibly possible?

67 Jan 12
Reply by Michael

"Now that's ironic. "

Dr. Bob replied Dec 28, 2016 to You have faith too....

248 Dec 29, 2016
Reply by Dr. Bob

RSS

© 2017   Created by umar.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service