Gallup's Mirror's Discussions (2,634)

Discussions Started (117) Replies Latest Activity

Pastor stiffs waitress: "I give God 10%. Why do you get 18?"

A Christian pastor, Alois Bell, stiffs a waitress in God's name at an Applebee's in St. Louis. Another waitress, atheist Chelsea Welch, pos…

Started by Gallup's Mirror in Politics, Economics, Civil and Reproductive Rights, International Conflicts

0 Feb 4, 2013

Atheists: What's worse? Execution or life without parole?

I've been reading about the home invasion case that occurred in Cheshire, Connecticut on July 23, 2007. This deeply disturbing act of bruta…

Started by Gallup's Mirror in Church & State

70 Jan 31, 2013
Reply by Suzanne Olson-Hyde

Does Cardinal Roger M. Mahony deserve a prison scentence?

More evidence has emerged that the Catholic Church enabled and covered up the criminal acts of paedophile priests. From the New York Times:…

Started by Gallup's Mirror in Ethics & Morals

20 Jan 23, 2013
Reply by kris feenstra

How to report religious displays on public property

Annoyed by religious displays on public property? Do you see one in your town? Contact the Freedom From Religion Foundation. They'll file a…

Started by Gallup's Mirror in Church & State

2 Dec 14, 2012
Reply by Gallup's Mirror

Life on Mars: What impact would it have on religion?

The Mars rover Curiosity has discovered organic compounds on Mars. The evidence may be a sign of extraterrestrial life but does not yet sup…

Started by Gallup's Mirror in Biology and Medicine

36 Dec 11, 2013
Reply by David Smith

Man files $3 million suit against church for crushing him with the gaint crucifix he says cured wife's cancer

Apparently, among the devout, God gets credit for curing cancer but none for pulverizing a leg, despite using the same holy instrument to a…

Started by Gallup's Mirror in Religion and the Religious, Atheism and Atheists

1 Nov 28, 2012
Reply by Tiffany Willoughby

You and Hurricane Sandy (plus a few thoughts about pop-tarts and God)

As I write these words, the hurricane tracker is predicting Hurricane Sandy will slam into Atlantic City, New Jersey, about 60 miles south…

Started by Gallup's Mirror in Small Talk

0 Oct 28, 2012

RSS

© 2019   Created by Rebel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service