Gideon Jagged's Discussions (15)

Discussions Replied To (15) Replies Latest Activity

"The urge to pair-bond, whether it's formally initiated or not, is almost universal.…"

Gideon Jagged replied Aug 7, 2013 to Is marriage still relevant, even towards the era of post religionism?

7 Aug 11, 2013
Reply by H3xx

"I get the impression you haven't done a lot of philosophical speculating. —Gideon"

Gideon Jagged replied Mar 23, 2013 to Greater good or individual right (Bentham or Rawls)?

45 Mar 24, 2013
Reply by Unseen

"I think you would be surprised at how many would choose to make that kind of sacrifi…"

Gideon Jagged replied Mar 23, 2013 to Greater good or individual right (Bentham or Rawls)?

45 Mar 24, 2013
Reply by Unseen

"The 'what-if' scenario you've described is just the kind of thought experiment that…"

45 Mar 24, 2013
Reply by Unseen

"I gave you an answer: appropriation without consent is wrong. The either/or individu…"

45 Mar 24, 2013
Reply by Unseen

"If I am robbed of choice, that is neither justice nor a manifestation of Utilitarian…"

45 Mar 24, 2013
Reply by Unseen

"The individual does not exist in isolation from the culture she or he is a part of.…"

45 Mar 24, 2013
Reply by Unseen

"The right to confiscate land is called "Eminent Domain".  There are three things to…"

45 Mar 24, 2013
Reply by Unseen

"What you say is true, but that is NOT Utilitarianism. —Gideon"

45 Mar 24, 2013
Reply by Unseen

"The two positions are not incompatible.  The first statement is of utilitarian ethic…"

45 Mar 24, 2013
Reply by Unseen

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Forum

Torture Works

Started by Unseen in Ethics & Morals. Last reply by Obfuskation 3 minutes ago. 43 Replies

Blog Posts

I am tired

Posted by Philip Jarrett on April 18, 2014 at 12:09am 4 Comments

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.