Unseen's Discussions (8,625)

Discussions Replied To (8012) Replies Latest Activity

"I rarely answer long posts point-by-point, but simply choose one or two I disagree w…"

Unseen replied Oct 15 to Should getting a college degree be treated as a form of national service?

45 Oct 18
Reply by Unseen

"It is possible that the concept of 'national service', to me, by itself, seems to im…"

Unseen replied Oct 14 to Should getting a college degree be treated as a form of national service?

45 Oct 18
Reply by Unseen

"What I'm not finding is an actual syllogistic defense of free will that gets around…"

Unseen replied Oct 12 to Is free will compatible with determinism?

146 Oct 12
Reply by Unseen

"Your problem is that I don't think there is a middle-ground way of understanding tim…"

146 Oct 12
Reply by Unseen

"I don't recognize any distinctions. Determinism is simply the fact that whatever hap…"

146 Oct 12
Reply by Unseen

"Conscious decisions and instinctive ones both come from the brain, which is subject…"

146 Oct 12
Reply by Unseen

"Free will isn't hiding in consciousness. The consciousness emanates from the brain a…"

146 Oct 12
Reply by Unseen

"Free will? Just a feeling one has."

Unseen replied Oct 11 to Is free will compatible with determinism?

146 Oct 12
Reply by Unseen

"You're right. My resignation is a resignation that exists because of antecedent even…"

Unseen replied Oct 11 to Is free will compatible with determinism?

146 Oct 12
Reply by Unseen

"I may be atypical, but I'm a loner. I spend great periods of time alone and don't pa…"

Unseen replied Oct 11 to Silent Nights

14 Oct 12
Reply by Michael Smith

RSS

Forum

Awe struck

Started by Davis Goodman in Small Talk. Last reply by Unseen 8 hours ago. 40 Replies

where when how who why ?

Started by aubrey knows nothing * in Small Talk. Last reply by Davis Goodman 8 hours ago. 5 Replies

I don't know what to say

Started by Belle Rose in Atheist Parenting. Last reply by Ward Cressin 13 hours ago. 2 Replies

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service