The Bible, The Koran, and other scripture (95)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Hijab (Muslim Veil) and Sexual Objectification

All feminists and humanists of Think Atheist, I need help/ feedback.  This is an essay about the arguments Muslims use to explain why veil…

Started by Laila Moe

21 Dec 11, 2013
Reply by Laila Moe

I didn't realize the first Pope was a married man

Twelve years of Catholic education; I'm sure I wasn't paying attention and must have missed it. Matthew 8:14 And when Jesus was come into…

Started by _Robert_

0 Nov 5, 2013

Religion derived from serious philosophy?

Religion, as it's generally encountered, is a bunch of silly make-believe.  Its practitioners often seem aware of this, but they worry that…

Started by Mike 2000

111 Sep 21, 2013

The Devil - such a bad guy?

This character in Christian mythology has a bad rap. It so foolish that grown men and women believe and fear the devil. Facepalm. Despite t…

Started by Jason

62 Sep 17, 2013
Reply by Black Dawn

Re-writing the Old Testament.

Does anyone else think it would be possible to re-write the Old Testament and replace the supernatural with naturalistic forces? e.g. Genes…

Started by Joshua Weinberg

0 Jun 29, 2013

Man of Steel: The top 20 reasons why Superman is Jesus

http://metro.co.uk/2013/06/11/man-of-steel-the-top-20-reasons-why-superman-is-jesus-3837465/ 2. His dad has a beard Are you not entertaine…

Started by Matt Giwer

0 Jun 11, 2013

Have you actually read the Bible?

I'm sure a lot of us have read it.  I'm curious about your reactions to it.  I read it a while ago, and found it disturbing. I think the Ch…

Started by Diane

71 May 18, 2013
Reply by Magnus Mayus

Looking for a little help here..

Having a discussion with someone and they posed these points in relation the the existence of Jesus.. My comments on the topics are in oran…

Started by Doc Feral

1 May 15, 2013
Reply by Matt Giwer

Top 15 Biblical Ways to Acquire a Wife

I got this from one of my seminary professors a couple years ago.  I thought is was funny.  He used it as an example of the dangers in taki…

Started by Barry Adamson

1 Apr 14, 2013
Reply by Ron Humphrey

More Biblical Contradictions

If the Bible was divinely inspired, then why would it have so many really obvious contradictions? Theological doctrines: 1. God is sati…

Started by Morgan Matthew

90 Apr 14, 2013
Reply by Ron Humphrey

RSS

© 2017   Created by umar.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service