Small Talk (1,263)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Illusion of Skill

In his book Thinking Fast and Slow, Daniel Kahneman describes an "illusion of skill" where too much weight is attributed to skill rather th…

Started by Logicallunatic

20 Jan 17
Reply by Unseen

The God Delusion

Over the past month I've been listening to a great work Dawkins' "The God Delusion". Be it while going to work, at work or even before goin…

Started by lofton emenari

5 Jan 17
Reply by lofton emenari

I Think Atheist, but ...

Quite some time ago a selection of videos were posted to Think Atheist, YouTube and other video sharing website on "Why We Think Atheist".…

Started by Nerdy Keith

19 Jan 15
Reply by Davis Goodman

Any people working in sales here? I have a question.

I'm basically retired, but took on a job doing fundraising for a respected musical institution. I'm new to telephone selling and am perplex…

Started by Unseen

17 Jan 14
Reply by Gregg R Thomas

Should we nip the catness out of cats?

I'm currently reading Dr. John Bradshaw's Cat Sense: How the New Feline Science Can Make You a Better Friend to Your Pet. For cat lovers, t…

Started by Unseen

18 Jan 14
Reply by Cameron

What do you think of exotic dancers?

I'm interested to know...from men and women, what do you think of exotic dancers? Sexy or slutty? Dumb or intelligent? Oppressed or empowe…

Started by Belle Rose

39 Jan 13
Reply by James Cox

Have you ever felt like there may have been a god because of a PURE feeling you had?

i have but i still haven't come to what it was yet, i don't know if it was a god.

Started by Royal red

17 Jan 8
Reply by Royal red

Ever been to a Masonic Lodge?

Has anyone ever been inside a Masonic Lodge? Back story: So....I've been accepted into a unique pre-apprenticeship program for women to tr…

Started by Belle Rose

49 Jan 6
Reply by Kairan Nierde

Atheist characters in fiction

Didn't see a post like this offhand in the forums, but I only looked around a little, sorry if this is a repeat.   Anyway, I just came acro…

Started by Samantha

67 Jan 2
Reply by Nicolas Gauvin

Love is patient, love is kind.........wait a minute!

What is healthy love? No really. I'm asking. I'm embarking on a journey to better understand what it means to love and be loved. I used t…

Started by Belle Rose

22 Dec 30, 2013
Reply by Simon Paynton

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Forum

Science Isn't About Truth

Started by Ari E. S. in Philosophy. Last reply by Unseen 28 minutes ago. 17 Replies

Blog Posts

Dead man's Switch

Posted by Philip Jarrett on April 18, 2014 at 11:29pm 0 Comments

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.