Small Talk (1,623)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

lol This really happened

I recently rented a house. I have a friend who's seven months pregnant and I decided to help her out and rent her a room for whatever she c…

Started by Keith Pulley

9 Jun 16
Reply by Unseen

Reason Conference in D.C., Anyone go?

Actually found out about this today. Heard thousands attended. Going on through Sunday.  Wondering if anyone of our crew made it there and…

Started by Noel

12 Jun 10
Reply by SteveInCO

Private Eye Follows Priest

Parishioners Sic a Private Eye On Their Priest To Dig For Evidence of Gayness and Corruption by Terry Firma The Miami parish and Catholic…

Started by JadeBlackOlive

0 May 30

Time for some grammar nazi fun. Things people say that bother you.

Give pet peeves and discuss. "I'll take who's next." If that sounds right to you, you have a tin ear. It should be "I'll take whoever is ne…

Started by Unseen

133 May 29
Reply by SteveInCO

Question for Evolution and Natural Selection brainiacs

How valid is this model?  The situation I'm trying to describe is the way in which the biological drives to thrive, survive and reproduce h…

Started by Simon Paynton

86 May 29
Reply by Gregg RThomas

Why waste time hoping religious people just go away.

I feel there will be an event,visitors from another planet is the way that religion will end as a whole.

Started by Ralph Burks

23 May 28
Reply by SteveInCO

Where is the Atheist Pilgrimage 'Mecca'?

Catholics pilgrimage to the Vatican Muslims pilgrimage to Mecca Jews pilgrimage to Israel  Christians pilgrimage back to Jerusalem  How com…

Started by Lord Atheist

13 May 27
Reply by Daniel W.

Fashion meet philosophy

Elsewhere, I posted a philosopher's response to this article about a company that stopped photoshopping the images of the models used in th…

Started by Unseen

10 May 27
Reply by SteveInCO

Geniuses find brilliant new alternative to FGM...

As Compromise To Female Genital Mutilation, Gynecologists Propose 'Nicks' LONDON (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - Countries that have banned…

Started by Michelle Sandall

76 May 24
Reply by Ronald Peterson

Funeral Protocol

This is a discussion inspired by Keeping my mouth shut. Issue: Once having been accosted by theists with religious rhetoric at a funeral in…

Started by Jake LaFort

38 May 22
Reply by Jake LaFort

© 2016   Created by umar.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service