Small Talk (1,402)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Criticize the ideology, not the person?

I find myself having mixed feelings about this idea of “criticize the ideology, not the person” when discussing religion.  I guess it’s pol…

Started by Erock68la

38 Nov 24
Reply by Virgil

conspiracy theories

The last stage I went through before finally acknowledging to myself that I'm atheist is the conspiracy theory stage. As I look back on it…

Started by Seth Richardson

22 Nov 24
Reply by Douglas Fo

Am I the only one bothered by this?

I'm baffled that I seem to be the only person on Twitter who is bothered by this: Saturday, found a packet of "info" hanging on my front do…

Started by Lefty G

5 Nov 24
Reply by Dr. Bob

Marriage makes women fat?

Do you think this contributes to the divorce rate? Men are no longer attracted to their wives who have piled on the pounds therefore they c…

Started by Logicallunatic

10 Nov 21
Reply by Davis Goodman

Colonizing Mars- Any Volunteers?

Many in the realm of space exploration believe a manned mission to Mars is possible within the next twenty to thirty years. One issue is th…

Started by Ed

57 Nov 19
Reply by Ludwik Kowalski

Three challenging philosophical questions for Atheists (and agnostics, secularists, humanists, progressives)

In the spirit of the 36 philosophical questions recently asked I thought it might be a good idea to pose three questions (phrased somewhat…

Started by Davis Goodman

39 Nov 17
Reply by Ari

Hi atheists

I love god. How can you not?

Started by Shaun

22 Nov 16
Reply by Elijah Coleman

Can someone help me, not dumb but dont understand, chose not to do facebook, where does this go.

Is facebook the new religion. I have to belong or I'm nothing? A member but cant leave comment. If I already had a million friends of all t…

Started by Steve Koehn

4 Nov 16
Reply by Pope Beanie

Homosexuality

I assume many of those people who are homophobic are likely to base it on a religious view, even if it stems, to some degree, from ingraine…

Started by CAPTAIN OBVIOUS

19 Nov 16
Reply by Haugurma

Just for fun: Who are your dream dates?

If you could take someone of whatever sex you are interested in out to dinner just to be able to sit across the table from them and bask in…

Started by Unseen

8 Nov 15
Reply by Unseen

RSS

Forum

The Elephant in the Room...

Started by Belle Rose in Small Talk. Last reply by Kairan Nierde 36 minutes ago. 15 Replies

An awakening.....radical acceptance.....

Started by Belle Rose in Crime and Punishment. Last reply by Belle Rose 49 minutes ago. 1 Reply

East German Shame

Started by Davis Goodman in Law, Trials, and Decisions. Last reply by Davis Goodman 2 hours ago. 14 Replies

Why do we tolerate this?

Started by Belle Rose in Crime and Punishment. Last reply by Tom Sarbeck 2 hours ago. 26 Replies

Blog Posts

How did that happen?

Posted by Belle Rose on December 19, 2014 at 4:36am 6 Comments

Pabst Blue Ribbon to the rescue!

Posted by Ed on December 15, 2014 at 9:33pm 0 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service