Religion and the Religious, Atheism and Atheists (886)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Have you ever participated (or in childhood, been forced to participate) in a religious ritual?

A lot of us at Think Atheist were raised into a religion, or have at least had personal contact with religion through family and friends.…

Started by Izzy

29 Dec 5, 2009
Reply by Becki Winlo

"God Doesn't Like Ugly"

Just reading this on Michael Moore's site, and was appalled. http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/latest-news/god-army-and-ptsd

Started by Jason Brown

9 Nov 20, 2009
Reply by Lord Atheist

Why don't believers become Agnostics?

Why doesn't this recipe always work? 1. Take one Believer, and place him in isolated idea mixing bowl. 2. Sift in all the contradictions i…

Started by Andy

3 Nov 19, 2009
Reply by Skycomet the Fallen Angel

Religiously motivated murder and the media

The Fort Hood shootings offer yet another example of the media's obsession with digging up any plausible cause for a religious hate crime o…

Started by Henry Ruddle

3 Nov 18, 2009
Reply by Peter Nichols

Holiday greetings

It's my birthday and I get a card from my well meaning aunt: "May our lives by impassioned only by faith... be influenced only by God... be…

Started by Bailey Caran

12 Nov 7, 2009
Reply by Danielle

Better Term for Fundies Comes from a Book - "Fanatic Barbarians"

From: "The Little Book of Atheist Spirituality" by: Andre Comte-Sponville [English Translated version] "Fanatic Barbarism is of a differen…

Started by Skycomet the Fallen Angel

0 Nov 6, 2009

It's always halloween in Heaven. Love those singing zombies ...

Have you ever thought how gross it would look in heaven. You might get in with a refurbished body, but remember the rule. If any eye ... po…

Started by JackRussell8888

0 Oct 31, 2009

Robbed Faith

I just finished seeing this eye opening video on the site: http://www.thinkatheist.com/video/the-oppressed-become-the And it brought up a…

Started by Wassabi

5 Oct 29, 2009
Reply by Wassabi

Going to a christening

I'm off to my neice's christening this Sunday. This may raise awkward questions about why my daughter, who's eight months older, hasn't bee…

Started by Norbury

25 Oct 26, 2009
Reply by Norbury

"The Exorcist" Story - Some Real Research

Until I see a reference to the movie The Exorcist I forget that there is an excellent piece of research on the actual story on which the mo…

Started by Nix Manes

0 Oct 24, 2009

RSS

Blog Posts

What do you do with the anger?

Posted by dataguy on September 20, 2014 at 5:12pm 3 Comments

Aftermath

Posted by Belle Rose on September 20, 2014 at 2:42am 6 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service