Religion and the Religious, Atheism and Atheists (942)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

prayer makes patients worse

I have seen it said a few times that tests were done and that those who knew they were being prayed for , got worse instead of betterI am n…

Started by Angie Shields

35 Jan 27, 2011
Reply by Richmond

Noah's Ark

So I had a discussion with my childhood rabbi a week ago (I am atheist but he is cool) because I wanted to know if the Earth was flooded, a…

Started by Laura Ann Johnson

25 Jan 27, 2011
Reply by Julien

Resolved: Pride is the primary motivation behind religion.

I have long thought that pride and the related competition for social status did more to explain religion than fear.  Fear is the hook they…

Started by Mo Trauen

3 Jan 27, 2011
Reply by Hope

Why not move to hold theists to their standards?

Please check my thinking.  I had this thought earlier today.  It seems we spend a lot of time debating with theists about who is right.  In…

Started by John Voss

4 Jan 23, 2011
Reply by John Voss

New social network site

Ran across an interesting new social networking site, http://christianchirp.com/ an alternative to Twitter. Check it out, it can get pretty…

Started by Hank Ronan

5 Jan 21, 2011
Reply by Cecilia

What the hell is atheism!?!?

I'm not an atheist. How can you not believe in something that doesn't exist? That's way too convoluted for me.    This quote by A. Whitney…

Started by Julien

72 Jan 20, 2011
Reply by Julien

All the same hate

I say Chevy, you say Ford. I say apartment, you say house. I say Christianity, you say atheism. I say conservatism, you say liberalism. Let…

Started by ralph

54 Jan 20, 2011
Reply by Jon Heim

Wicca

Out of curiosity, I joined a Wiccan forum just so I could take a peek.  Well,  I knew they were a bit kooky, but you should read this stuff…

Started by Lisa

42 Jan 17, 2011
Reply by Zombie Atheist

Homework - "The religious dimension of existence"

Yes. I have this homework to do as a term project. The object is Romanian ( my language ) and we study Psalms and religious chronicles. The…

Started by Loop Johnny

9 Jan 16, 2011
Reply by Eoganacht

Why I personally speak out about atheism and why I speak out about and against religion.

Why I personally speak out about atheism and why I speak out  about and against religion.   A friend of my recently asked me why it seemed…

Started by Mr Good Without God

1 Jan 13, 2011
Reply by Courtney

RSS

Forum

Five pretty moons with possible life

Started by Davis Goodman in Small Talk. Last reply by Belle Rose 8 hours ago. 3 Replies

PUNS!

Started by W1NT3R5 in Small Talk. Last reply by Reg The Fronkey Farmer 10 hours ago. 14 Replies

Hellish Venus

Started by Davis Goodman in Small Talk. Last reply by matt.clerke yesterday. 4 Replies

A fun philosophy thought experiment

Started by Davis Goodman in Small Talk. Last reply by Belle Rose 2 hours ago. 47 Replies

Events

Blog Posts

PK661 & Desi Bedouins

Posted by Noon Alif on December 9, 2016 at 5:30pm 0 Comments

Catholic Vegetarians??

Posted by Reg The Fronkey Farmer on December 7, 2016 at 4:00pm 9 Comments

Services we love!

© 2016   Created by umar.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service