Religion and the Religious, Atheism and Atheists (886)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

7 reasons why religion is a form of mental illness

I would like to propose that religious beliefs be placed in the DSM as a category of mental illness for the following reasons: (1) Halluci…

Started by Loop Johnny

2 Dec 2, 2010
Reply by Loop Johnny

According to many Jewish authorities Christ's mission was ad hoc and not foretold

According to many Jewish authorities Christ's mission was ad hoc and not foretold by the  pentateuch nor the prophets. If this is the case…

Started by Michael

13 Nov 30, 2010
Reply by Michael

Pack of wolves.

I just Listened to an hour long recording about a very well known preacher who was deemed a heretic for loosing his belief in hell. He had…

Started by Hillary Spencer

3 Nov 28, 2010
Reply by Hillary Spencer

Hitchens vs. Blair

You may need to set aside the rest of your Saturday to get through this, but here in full is the transcript of the long-anticipated Munk de…

Started by Loop Johnny

2 Nov 27, 2010
Reply by Loop Johnny

Priest Solicits Murder of Boy accusing him of sex abuse

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/11/23/texas.priest.arrested/ (CNN) -- A Catholic priest, facing criminal charges and a lawsuit alleging that…

Started by Matt Hossan

0 Nov 23, 2010

Mind Evolution and Religions!

I believe that any religion is a key, not to open but to close humans' minds! If there were no religions, would humanity's mind evolution t…

Started by Ace Payne

1 Nov 23, 2010
Reply by doone

Creation of bad in this world

Creation of bad in this worldThe bad is created for the sake of the souls only. People often get the doubt about the creation of bad in th…

Started by Anil Antony

5 Nov 22, 2010
Reply by doone

No there is no God (or Gods)

This is not something I 'believe' this is fact, as far as I am concerned.  I don't feel I have to prove my assertion.  I don't have angst o…

Started by Cathleen Sessions

38 Nov 20, 2010
Reply by Michael

Do you think theists hate us because they are afraid?

Do you think they fear that we do have the upper hand when it comes to logic and maybe in the back of their minds they know we are right an…

Started by Lisa

21 Nov 20, 2010
Reply by Loop Johnny

Science and special work

Science and special work   What is the "special work" that life does? What is the special function that life performs? In what substrate…

Started by Anil Antony

0 Nov 18, 2010

RSS

Blog Posts

Aftermath

Posted by Belle Rose on September 20, 2014 at 2:42am 1 Comment

PI = 4

Posted by _Robert_ on September 16, 2014 at 8:53pm 5 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service