Religion and the Religious, Atheism and Atheists (898)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Do the "New Atheists" have the right approach?

By New Atheists I mean figures such as Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris, Lawrence Krauss and the late Christopher Hitchens. The thing that chara…

Started by Simon Mathews

4 Sep 2
Reply by Nerdy Keith

As an Atheist how should one view humanity?

We, us Atheists, are a great minority in the populations of the planet and insignificant when it comes to impact. This position of ours, th…

Started by Charles J Hunsinger

0 Aug 31

Does Atheistic Fanaticism Really Exist?

It has been suggested in discussions, both here and elsewhere, that there are "atheist fanatics" and that they are "just the same" as relig…

Started by Mo Trauen

82 Aug 28
Reply by Mike Cole

How could an ex-atheist ever have been an atheist to begin with?

I've run across ex-atheists at various online sites; not many but a few. I just can't believe they ever were really atheists to begin with.…

Started by Atheist Exile

114 Aug 19
Reply by Dan Ashton Lloyd

New(er) religion

Website Marshall Vian Summers claims to be receiving a new message from God. Over the past thirty years, Summers has recorded more than 800…

Started by Moria Jackson

308 Aug 8
Reply by Brenda

Jedi faith

heavily influenced by the little green master on Endor, I have following questions: is fear the path to the dark side? if 2.000.000 people…

Started by James Smith

1 Aug 4
Reply by Physeter

Atheism, Religion and Football

This post is for those of you who follow any sport with passion... and also anyone else who's interested.So I'm a football fanatic... Socce…

Started by Fragile

19 Aug 2
Reply by Scott Kaelen

The Exorcism of Mother Teresa

Yes, you read correctly. If the devil can infest someone who is headed for sainthood, boy I am in trouble. Not something the Catholics talk…

Started by _Robert_

3 Jul 28
Reply by Muckle Cuddy

The Doctor and the Farmer

Hello Bob, I wonder would you mind elucidating these points a little further which you made here: Similarly, for me, God is a useful idea. …

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer

11 Jul 24
Reply by Reg The Fronkey Farmer

We Are All Born Sinners?

I wanted to get everyones perspective on the Christian mentality of "We are all born sinners". Obviously this is not a sentiment I agree…

Started by Nerdy Keith

70 Jul 16
Reply by Gregg R Thomas

RSS

Atheist Sites

Blog Posts

Rounding Up?

Posted by Carol Foley on November 20, 2014 at 3:17am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service