Religion and the Religious, Atheism and Atheists (900)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Baby steps

I’m trying to become just a little more bold. Earlier this month when I went on a camping trip, I tried to say a few things about evolution…

Started by Physeter

5 Sep 25
Reply by Belle Rose

Fainted on the Cross?

I I know some of you believe Jesus never existed at all, but assuming he did exist at least as a mortal man. Could he have simply fainted…

Started by Nerdy Keith

23 Sep 16
Reply by Stephen Gunn

What is the value of Atheism to humanity?

Of it's self Atheism makes a simple statement, a rejection of the belief in deities. There is nothing else here, no philosophy of life, of…

Started by Charles J Hunsinger

120 Sep 14
Reply by Mo Trauen

The Cross

When you think about it, the cross would have been the equivalent of today's electric chair. So when you see someone with cross tattoos or…

Started by Belle Rose

41 Sep 7
Reply by Yahweh

how not to react when your child tells you that he's gay

Please share this video posted 4 days ago with everyone you can.  This needs to be used against christian fundamentalists  until they are t…

Started by Virgil

16 Sep 7
Reply by Christopher Hollis

Do the "New Atheists" have the right approach?

By New Atheists I mean figures such as Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris, Lawrence Krauss and the late Christopher Hitchens. The thing that chara…

Started by Simon Mathews

4 Sep 2
Reply by Nerdy Keith

As an Atheist how should one view humanity?

We, us Atheists, are a great minority in the populations of the planet and insignificant when it comes to impact. This position of ours, th…

Started by Charles J Hunsinger

0 Aug 31

Does Atheistic Fanaticism Really Exist?

It has been suggested in discussions, both here and elsewhere, that there are "atheist fanatics" and that they are "just the same" as relig…

Started by Mo Trauen

82 Aug 28
Reply by Mike Cole

How could an ex-atheist ever have been an atheist to begin with?

I've run across ex-atheists at various online sites; not many but a few. I just can't believe they ever were really atheists to begin with.…

Started by Atheist Exile

114 Aug 19
Reply by Dan Ashton Lloyd

New(er) religion

Website Marshall Vian Summers claims to be receiving a new message from God. Over the past thirty years, Summers has recorded more than 800…

Started by Moria Jackson

308 Aug 8
Reply by Brenda

RSS

Forum

Ear-piercing a baby

Started by Simon Mathews in Atheist Parenting. Last reply by Ed 2 hours ago. 19 Replies

Is There Any Ex-Mennonites or Ex-Amish On This Site?

Started by Jessica Miller in Advice. Last reply by Belle Rose 5 hours ago. 27 Replies

Torture Report release today

Started by Unseen in Ethics & Morals. Last reply by Virgil 6 hours ago. 130 Replies

My Grandpa died last week

Started by Physeter in Small Talk. Last reply by David Seidman 10 hours ago. 8 Replies

Why do we tolerate this?

Started by Belle Rose in Crime and Punishment. Last reply by Pope Beanie 14 hours ago. 25 Replies

Blog Posts

How did that happen?

Posted by Belle Rose on December 19, 2014 at 4:36am 1 Comment

Pabst Blue Ribbon to the rescue!

Posted by Ed on December 15, 2014 at 9:33pm 0 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service