Religion and the Religious, Atheism and Atheists (937)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Pakistani boy cuts off own hand after blasphemy mistake

A 15-year-old Pakistani boy cut off his own hand believing he had committed blasphemy, only to be celebrated by his parents and neighbours…

Started by umar

21 Jan 24
Reply by Gregg RThomas

Cognitive dissonance and terror management.

Is Cognative dissonance and terror management the impetus for this vehement hatred of atheists? Are we a threat to the immortality projects…

Started by Dronepiper

18 Dec 21, 2015
Reply by TJ

Is that a Light up ahead?

In the post Cleansing the Sinner I asked could Christians show me how I could come to know their God. I was finding it very difficult to g…

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer

112 Dec 15, 2015
Reply by Reg The Fronkey Farmer

The Sinful Doctor and the Farmer who's a sinner

What is the sin that I am committing that is not allowing me to experience this God. Can some Christian please tell me how to remove it? Wh…

Started by Dr. Bob

25 Dec 14, 2015
Reply by Sonia Martinez

Cleansing the Sinner.

According to Trevor the reason I am unable to know his God is because I am cut off from him by my sin. The only reason you do not know or e…

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer

160 Dec 11, 2015
Reply by Davis Goodman

"Everybody Is Wrong About God" - James A. Lindsay

An author called James A. Lindsay has a new book out in December called "Everybody Is Wrong About God". Here is a link to his blog where he…

Started by Simon Mathews

60 Oct 2, 2015
Reply by Dr. Bob

Is Christianity a closet polytheism?

Father, Son, Holy Ghost (plus Mary for Catholics).  We think of Hinduism as a polytheistic religion, yet many Hindus worship Shiva and view…

Started by Unseen

6 Oct 1, 2015
Reply by Davis Goodman

Science Is Like Sculpting Models of Reality; Religion Is Like Showcasing a Favorite Myth

A complaint I hear from religionists about science: It's all just a bunch of theories. Science is constantly proving previous science as in…

Started by Pope Beanie

2 Sep 16, 2015
Reply by Dr. Bob

Old Testament Eschatology

Basic question: How many people in the Old Testament died and went to heaven? What were their names? This is a basic question for both athe…

Started by Ralph Nielsen

48 Sep 14, 2015
Reply by Unseen

Discussions of gods and religions....

Have become boring to me lately. It's not even worthy of discussion amongst non believers. Anybody else feeling this way?

Started by _Robert_

8 Sep 9, 2015
Reply by Jimmy

RSS

Events

Services we love!

© 2016   Created by umar.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service