Religion and the Religious, Atheism and Atheists (923)

Featured Discussions

Cognitive dissonance and terror management.

Is Cognative dissonance and terror management the impetus for this vehement hatred of atheists? Are we a threat to the immortality projects…

Started by DronepiperLatest Reply

If you woke up tomorrow...

DISCLAIMER: This discussion is a thought experiment. I realise that God/Gods cannot be proved or disproved so please answer this discussion…

Started by Simon MathewsLatest Reply

Is it possible to kill in the name of Atheism?

We have all heard the tired arguments trotted about by theists about how Stalin, Pol Pot and Hitler killed people in the name of atheism. T…

Started by Simon MathewsLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Derren Brown's Religious Experiment

I think this video is worth watching:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51B8MzcxOX0 After watching this video, I began to think about the…

Started by Peter

8 on Thursday
Reply by captain kingsway

Is Marriage Reserved for the Religious?

I am curious how most Atheists view marriage? It is largely seen as a religious act. Should non believers participate in marriage?

Started by Moral Atheist

60 on Wednesday

Cognitive dissonance and terror management.

Is Cognative dissonance and terror management the impetus for this vehement hatred of atheists? Are we a threat to the immortality projects…

Started by Dronepiper

8 Jun 24
Reply by Tom Margolis

If you woke up tomorrow...

DISCLAIMER: This discussion is a thought experiment. I realise that God/Gods cannot be proved or disproved so please answer this discussion…

Started by Simon Mathews

104 Jun 24
Reply by Tom Margolis

A Cult of ANTI-REASON

First of all, in order to keep from inviting a glut of emails, I am asking that only Christians reply. Christianity is a cult - a cult of U…

Started by Dale Headley

12 Jun 20
Reply by Unseen

Is Atheism an Idea?

Atheism is not an idea Bob. It's not meant to compete with anything. Your obsession with trying to put the rejection of a stupid idea on th…

Started by Dr. Bob

118 Jun 20
Reply by Davis Goodman

"Millennial Religious Belief Declines", Courtesy of the Red & Black

http://www.redandblack.com/uganews/millennial-religious-belief-declines/article_b8fde136-0ec3-11e5-8674-f32fafd68eb6.html Finally. I disag…

Started by Elli Leimone

1 Jun 15
Reply by captain kingsway

Atheist church, Is it a concern?

I feel there is a new cult religion on the rise, and  it may be some sort of demented warped version of a disbelief made to fit an idea. I…

Started by Adam

78 May 16

The Church of Satan

I was reading Sunday School, and the article about the girl filing suit against the 72 hour waiting period for an abortion (which is AWESOM…

Started by Belle Rose

5 May 7
Reply by Unseen

"In God We Trust" put back on school marquee

The words "In God We Trust" were returned to the Ridgewood Middle School marquee on Friday afternoon. It all happened just hours after stud…

Started by umar

6 Apr 29
Reply by Reg The Fronkey Farmer

RSS

Forum

New site

Started by umar in Announcements. Last reply by jeffrey j hogue 12 minutes ago. 39 Replies

gay marriage decision

Started by Dale Headley in Small Talk. Last reply by Beth yesterday. 5 Replies

Is there an energy resource with such attributes?

Started by ỮŊĐÜムņĮØńệ尺 in Physics, Astronomy, Cosmology. Last reply by Pope Beanie 16 hours ago. 5 Replies

Events

Blog Posts

My Purity Ring

Posted by Michelle Varni on July 5, 2015 at 7:18pm 2 Comments

Services we love!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2015   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service