Quotes (53)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Quotes I live my life by

“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both ab…

Started by Marty C Lawrence

2 Jul 12, 2012
Reply by archaeopteryx

Define God

What's the best definition of God that you guys can come up with or find? I came up with this one:  "God: a literary device (used mostly in…

Started by M.B.

64 Jun 25, 2012
Reply by Tall Paul

Quotation from a farmer about history

This is one of my favorite quotations.  I can't remember where I read it, but I think it was in an article that was published in a historic…

Started by David Conrad

0 Jun 25, 2012

The best Jesus bumper sticker you'll ever see!

...what kind of reaction do you think this would get?  Am I going to get rear-ended?  My thanks to George Carlin for the idea.

Started by Brian Daurelle

0 May 30, 2012

What does Think Atheist think of The Assassin's Creed?

So I went back and replayed the entire Assassin's Creed series so far and I was contemplating on what the main charecter: Ezio, said about…

Started by Evan Meinel

15 Mar 17, 2012
Reply by Skycomet the Fallen Angel

Happy Birthday Douglas Adams

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.…

Started by Gary Mueller

4 Mar 12, 2012
Reply by Natalie Gallifrey Sharp

Out of "The Quotable Atheist "

My local library has very few books related to the topic "atheism" but this little gem I did find:  "The Quotable Atheist - Ammunition for…

Started by Kairan Nierde

10 Feb 6, 2012
Reply by Matthew

Marcus Aurelius: Thoughts on Death & Christians

Near the end of his life Marcus Aurelius (121-180 C.E.) wrote in Meditations about his thoughts on the readiness for death. "How admirable…

Started by Johnny

2 Nov 15, 2011
Reply by Kairan Nierde

LOVE this quote...

"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing, all-powerful God, who creates faulty humans, and then blames them for his own m…

Started by Kevin Cross

0 Oct 20, 2011

JK Rowling quote

In her interview with Oprah, and in response to what she thinks of the religious criticism of her use of magic in her books, JK Rowling p…

Started by Lisa Lark

16 Oct 1, 2011
Reply by Ayushi Singh

RSS

Forum

The Elephant in the Room...

Started by Belle Rose in Small Talk. Last reply by Tom Sarbeck 1 hour ago. 18 Replies

A relapse.....

Started by Belle Rose in Small Talk. Last reply by Ed 2 hours ago. 1 Reply

How do you cure Insanity???

Started by Belle Rose in Advice. Last reply by Pope Beanie 4 hours ago. 60 Replies

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service