Politics, Economics, Civil and Reproductive Rights, International Conflicts (509)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear - What did you think?

The title says it all... I'm just curious as to what people on here thought now that it's officially over.

Started by Becca

37 Nov 1, 2010
Reply by Becca

America's political system

Sorry for posting a thread that isn't related to atheism but I have a burning desire to understand what is going on out there, in America.…

Started by Loop Johnny

3 Oct 31, 2010
Reply by Becky Glynn

When is a Man Justified in Defying the Law?

This is an interesting philosophical question that I've pondered on before: When is a man, if ever, justified in breaking the law? It depen…

Started by Ava Wilson

41 Oct 30, 2010
Reply by Jason Dick

Are we slaves to money?

Money is on everyones minds nowadays, and are we really slaves to money?  I never went to college but a friend of mine that went to college…

Started by Kari Stills

3 Oct 25, 2010
Reply by Mike Decaro

Atheist City Council Candidate Is Subject of Attempted Smear Campaign

James Leonard is running for a city council seat in Patterson, California, a city of just over 20,000 residents. It’s a local race so you w…

Started by Jon Heim

0 Oct 23, 2010

Notice that most religious people are conservatives?

I've noticed that most religious people are conservatives, and I see a real similarity between the two modes of thought. Religious people…

Started by Professor Tanhauser

23 Oct 15, 2010
Reply by james

How many of you think the Left/Right political dichotomy is bullshit?

Is the Liberal vs. Conservative debate a battle between two fundamentally different groups, or is this an example of "divide and conquer"? …

Started by Sophie

23 Oct 12, 2010
Reply by Logicallunatic

Can the assassination of a dictator be justified?

Me and a friend the other day were discussing assassinations throughout history, and as we flowed through the discussion I brought up dicta…

Started by Sophie

83 Oct 11, 2010
Reply by Matt Coulthurst

Stupidity speaks for its self.

Christine O'donnell is against stem cell research, most likely because of her fear and religious beliefs. that being said...O'Donnell think…

Started by Jon Heim

5 Oct 8, 2010
Reply by Tommy R.

Mormon leader gives anti-gay sermon after suicides – Sign the open letter!

Many of us are familiar with the struggle that so many lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender teens face. Anti-LGBT bullying in schools is…

Started by Jon Heim

28 Oct 8, 2010
Reply by Reggie

RSS

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service