Physics, Astronomy, Cosmology (45)

Featured Discussions

Understanding Coincidence

We attach a lot of meaning to coincidences. On the one hand, we see them as significant; on the other hand, you have the TV show detective…

Started by UnseenLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

What is "Rational thinking"?

We hear the word "rational" thrown around a lot.  I like to think I am a rational person but I often find some moments where I need to stru…

Started by Roy Plisko

196 Sep 9
Reply by Unseen

The end is nigh! Well, nigher anyway. And it's scientists, not apocalyptic Christians saying it!

The laws of physics aren't written in granite, it seems. Not only may there have been a period of inflation after The Big Bang in which the…

Started by Unseen

2 Sep 8
Reply by Christopher Hollis

Earth

I was watching this video tonight (while teaching my 5 year old about outer space). I started to remember a recent debate I got into with o…

Started by Belle Rose

0 Aug 21

Is the universe a bubble? Let's check: Making the multiverse hypothesis testable

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/07/140717124800.htm?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+scienceda

Started by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp

2 Jul 18
Reply by Derp McChuckles

Interesting Ideas Regarding The Fermi Paradox

Don't know if anybody is aware of the Fermi Paradox, or ever thinks about it, but I do. And if you have an open mind it can truly be a fasc…

Started by dakotah tyler

22 Jul 12
Reply by dakotah tyler

Paranormal Evidence = $1.69 million USD

Just produce evidence for the paranormal and earn $1.69 million USD. Not a cent has yet been collected, but just about every newspaper prin…

Started by _Robert_

0 Jul 2

Student-Made Facebook and Twitter pages (As part of a larger project)

As part of a larger multimedia project for my senior digital media class I have created a Facebook: Evolution is Legit https://www.facebook

Started by Anna Wright

0 Apr 17

Four blood moons: the end is nigh for sure (unless it isn't)

Megachurch pastor John Hagee is warning his San Antonio congregation and international following of a “world-shaking event that will happen…

Started by Gallup's Mirror

6 Apr 15
Reply by Gregg R Thomas

The multiple universe problem

Have you ever heard someone say "Perhaps there are an infinite number of universes in which every single possibility comes true"? Did you e…

Started by Unseen

115 Apr 9
Reply by Michael

Multiple Universes not Multiverse

According to the big bang theory this universe is like a bubble/balloon that is expanding.  Can there be multiple bubbles/balloons.  You or…

Started by John H Howe

17 Apr 5
Reply by Jimmy

RSS

Blog Posts

PI = 4

Posted by _Robert_ on September 16, 2014 at 8:53pm 4 Comments

Invictus

Posted by Marinda on September 11, 2014 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service