Physics, Astronomy, Cosmology (62)

Featured Discussions

Understanding Coincidence

We attach a lot of meaning to coincidences. On the one hand, we see them as significant; on the other hand, you have the TV show detective…

Started by UnseenLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

What is your take on this blog post on "Who created god"? - elements of physics

https://sekharpal.wordpress.com/2015/10/23/who-created-god/ It basically says : "Real God is a bunch of several zeroes; zero does not have…

Started by Robit

5 Jul 12
Reply by TJ

"It's the Best Explanation We Have." "Is It Really?" "But I Believe!"

Time: Ten thousand years ago. Gods are the best explanation for everything. In the day they give light so people can see what they do, and…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

82 Jul 4
Reply by Tom Sarbeck

the possibilty of a creator after all?

In the God Delusion, Dawkins categorizes Atheism into two types - Big atheism and small atheism. Small atheism denies the existence of Jesu…

Started by Wassabi

82 Jun 29
Reply by All And One

Unfortunately, Virginia, it seems we are alone in the universe

Despite an article referred to in this weeks TA Sunday School, an article promoting the idea that we are and have not been alone as the onl…

Started by Unseen

98 Jun 28
Reply by Unseen

Big Giant Telescope!

I just watched a documentary on Netflix about the James Webb space telescope which will launch in 2018 and give us a view 100 times better…

Started by Kirk LeFou

4 Mar 30
Reply by Dustin

Hubble Successor Telescope

Technology has advanced and the time has come to put up a successor to the Hubble Space Telescope.  NASA is well on the way to a next gener…

Started by Heather Spoonheim

45 Feb 5
Reply by SteveInCO

The Pope admits that God is not omnipotent and Big Bang and evolution are real... (WTF!)

The theories of evolution and the Big Bang are real and God is not “a magician with a magic wand”, Pope Francis has declared. Speaking at t…

Started by Unseen

57 Jan 26
Reply by Pope Beanie

The Unreality of "Reality"

If you took all the empty space out of everything in the universe and compressed it, the physicists tell us that the resulting ball would b…

Started by Unseen

37 Jan 5
Reply by Gregg RThomas

Andromeda Versus the Milky Way

We don't need quantum mechanics to know a giant elliptical galaxy will be formed by the collision and merger of the Milky Way and Andromeda…

Started by _Robert_

21 Jan 3
Reply by TJ

Why do Atheists have to be freaking science experts?

I like science as much as the next Atheist, but I'm no expert and don't have the background to expound on the details of scientifically bas…

Started by Kirk LeFou

260 Dec 3, 2015
Reply by Davis Goodman

RSS

© 2016   Created by umar.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service