Physics, Astronomy, Cosmology (50)

Featured Discussions

Understanding Coincidence

We attach a lot of meaning to coincidences. On the one hand, we see them as significant; on the other hand, you have the TV show detective…

Started by UnseenLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Why do Atheists have to be freaking science experts?

I like science as much as the next Atheist, but I'm no expert and don't have the background to expound on the details of scientifically bas…

Started by Kirk LeFou

71 May 13
Reply by Kel

New theory of cosmic origin implies no Big Bang

And this one is actually published in a peer reviewed journal. Read about it in plain English, though, here and here.

Started by Unseen

54 Mar 1
Reply by Michael

Earth's Magnetic Field....

Occam's Razor just got a sharpening :-) Just out yesterday: source Earth's magnetic field is crucial for our existence, as it shields the…

Started by Belle Rose

106 Feb 15
Reply by Unseen

The Pope admits that God is not omnipotent and Big Bang and evolution are real... (WTF!)

The theories of evolution and the Big Bang are real and God is not “a magician with a magic wand”, Pope Francis has declared. Speaking at t…

Started by Unseen

55 Nov 18, 2014
Reply by Unseen

So, maybe there's no such thing as a black hole!

According to a recent scientific article by physicist Laura Mersini-Houghton, it appears that black holes are impossible. If that article i…

Started by Unseen

0 Sep 29, 2014

What is "Rational thinking"?

We hear the word "rational" thrown around a lot.  I like to think I am a rational person but I often find some moments where I need to stru…

Started by Roy Plisko

196 Sep 9, 2014
Reply by Unseen

The end is nigh! Well, nigher anyway. And it's scientists, not apocalyptic Christians saying it!

The laws of physics aren't written in granite, it seems. Not only may there have been a period of inflation after The Big Bang in which the…

Started by Unseen

2 Sep 8, 2014
Reply by Christopher Hollis

Earth

I was watching this video tonight (while teaching my 5 year old about outer space). I started to remember a recent debate I got into with o…

Started by Belle Rose

0 Aug 21, 2014

Is the universe a bubble? Let's check: Making the multiverse hypothesis testable

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/07/140717124800.htm?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+scienceda

Started by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp

2 Jul 18, 2014
Reply by Derp McChuckles

Interesting Ideas Regarding The Fermi Paradox

Don't know if anybody is aware of the Fermi Paradox, or ever thinks about it, but I do. And if you have an open mind it can truly be a fasc…

Started by dakotah tyler

22 Jul 12, 2014
Reply by dakotah tyler

RSS

Forum

Nude atheist group

Started by Raymond in Society. Last reply by Raymond yesterday. 4 Replies

Socratic Method

Started by Michael in Ethics & Morals. Last reply by Davis Goodman 9 hours ago. 4 Replies

Gideons International

Started by Ed in Small Talk. Last reply by Gallup's Mirror 13 hours ago. 6 Replies

Events

Services we love!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2015   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service