Philosophy (60)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Is "God" the cause of war?

According to the Bible, it's been calculated that "God" killed over 2 million people. How? He burned them, smote them, and plagued them. Ac…

Started by Michael Rose

31 Jul 4, 2011
Reply by Walrus T

Logic puzzle

I've stolen this simple one, so no googling allowed: There are three logicians who are able to reason and deduce with perfect accuracy, the…

Started by Arcus

17 Jun 21, 2011
Reply by Freek

Freewill and Atheism

Are you an atheist who belives in freewill. Or are you long past believing in the concept of freewill? I cannot imagine being a non-theist…

Started by ☼ Doctor Reality ☼

68 Jun 13, 2011
Reply by Nathan Palo

There is no such thing as intrinsic humanity, Humanism itself is false consciousness.

This article from the Guardian has really got my synapses in a mess. The full article itself is worth a read but the summary can be found i…

Started by Robert Karp

15 Jun 11, 2011
Reply by Doug Reardon

Logical conundrum

If a equals a (A=A) and a equals b (A=B), how come A=A ≠ A=B. What informs A through B which A doesn't inform itself? Picked from: Conversa…

Started by Arcus

37 May 30, 2011
Reply by kris feenstra

Philosophy and Evolution

Again, it's about those Muslim hypocrites.... sometimes they say "Ibn Khaldun" was an infidel and other times they say he was a muslim!!  …

Started by Hope

3 Mar 21, 2011
Reply by Nelson

WHAT IS LOVE!?

Hello members of Think Atheist!     A simple question.  What is Love?     I will give my own take on it first.  After that, Discuss!  

Started by Dustin

44 Jan 12, 2011

Human life vs. Animal life

Hello members of Think Atheist!     As I was reading a little bit of the 'Michael Vick, racial history and Animal Rights' post - it got me…

Started by Dustin

1 Dec 31, 2010
Reply by Michael Sizer-Watt

Nothing - At all

Hey, I'm new here but I was wondering if anyone else had pondered on these same thoughts as me?   Something that always gets me confused is…

Started by Dan

16 Nov 30, 2010
Reply by John Frazer

Is life just one large effect from one gigantic cause? Speaking in terms of the universe as a whole.

Is life just one large effect from one gigantic cause? Speaking in terms of the universe as a whole. Can our small impact on the universe h…

Started by Michael Jon Axl

29 Oct 28, 2010
Reply by Michael Jon Axl

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Forum

Things you hate.

Started by Devlin Cuite in Small Talk. Last reply by Judith van der Roos 1 minute ago. 74 Replies

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service