Philosophy (69)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Third Eye (The Mind's Eye)

What is everyone's take on this subject? I think it is a fascinating philosophy. One of my favorite quotes ever is from a comedian named Bi…

Started by Dannan Monsell

2 Oct 25, 2011
Reply by Dannan Monsell

Why is logical reasoning such a useful tool?

Most of us here use rigorous logic and reasoning when evaluating the world around us. My question is, why do you think that it's such a use…

Started by Alex

4 Sep 8, 2011
Reply by Unseen

Truth v. Fact

Is there a difference between truth and fact? I've gotten the feeling that truth is more subjective, but then there are true or false thing…

Started by Timothy Docster

7 Sep 8, 2011
Reply by Unseen

Did Evolution play a part in making people beleive in god so easily?

I was just wondering. Now that I Think about skepticism doesn't seem to be common sense. And I know a lot of gullible people. it would make…

Started by Ghost The Smoker

3 Aug 17, 2011
Reply by Doug Reardon

Free Will

We all want to believe in free will, don't we? We want to feel that we consciously choose what we do, and that other people do as well. As…

Started by Unseen

5 Aug 7, 2011
Reply by Unseen

Meaning Without Religion

Since we've been discussing absurdity without god here, I've been thinking a bit on life and meaning.    About 5 years ago, my father sat d…

Started by Tim

8 Aug 6, 2011
Reply by Dave Porter

Human as strong sources of everything

If all we can sens are sourced from our illusions, and that there is no absolute existence of anything. We just see humans as strong source…

Started by Jean Claude Kubwimana

3 Aug 3, 2011
Reply by Nelson

Do questions about the meaning of life, purpose, and morality even make sense?

People often ask questions about the "meaning of life" or the "purpose of life". But such questions are often asked carelessly, without cle…

Started by Mark Stout

1 Jul 13, 2011
Reply by Brian Wood

Narcissim vs. the masses.

Is it o.k. to be so self centered that when someone says, "Y'know someone always has it worse.", to shrug it off as inapplicable? I would s…

Started by The Doctor

4 Jul 6, 2011
Reply by Heather Spoonheim

Is "God" the cause of war?

According to the Bible, it's been calculated that "God" killed over 2 million people. How? He burned them, smote them, and plagued them. Ac…

Started by Michael Rose

31 Jul 4, 2011
Reply by Walrus T

RSS

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service