Neuroscience, Cognitive Science, Psychology (58)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

What are the best examples as to why Free Will does not exist

I'm trying to make a theist understand that all of our choices are conditioned. 

Started by Nerdy Keith

2 Feb 17, 2012
Reply by Nerdy Keith

Is There in Humans an Innate Desire for a Savior?

From 5700-year old Mesopotamian cuneiform tablets, a prophecy has often emerged, based on "liver omens" (soothsaying done by analyzing the…

Started by archaeopteryx

41 Feb 2, 2012
Reply by ichbindaswortistich

Is meditation effective?

I recently had an appointment with my therapist, and he mentioned that I should try meditation.  I suffer from anxiety and depression, and…

Started by April

18 Jan 30, 2012
Reply by Juan Manuel Cafferata

Interpreting Dreams...

Hello all, I'll jump straight in. Over the Christmas holidays, my fiancée and partner of nearly 8 years left me for someone else. As you ma…

Started by Stuart Leader

8 Jan 13, 2012
Reply by Jewelz

Homosexuality - biological or psychological?

Disclaimer: I should say I am not a psychologist or biologist, though I have a few college level courses in the prior which probably color…

Started by Arcus

219 Dec 27, 2011
Reply by fester60613

Human nature

It is my opinion that religion serves as a method of belief categorization. I could provide a lofty explanation with loads of detailed pers…

Started by Dustin Bowen

2 Dec 25, 2011
Reply by Dustin Bowen

What Part Am I in the Brain?

I've been having this big problem understanding what part a human is if I am the brain. You can cut off part of you're brain apparently up…

Started by Doubting Thomas

12 Oct 13, 2011
Reply by Fred Werther

HOW WE CHOOSE

The topic of "free will" is basically how we chose. After pursuing this forever here is a brief summary of hundreds articles, studies and a…

Started by Jerry Telle

2 Sep 23, 2011
Reply by Michael Appleman

Devout christians and psychology???

Maybe I'm missing something, but how is it possible that people who actually have degrees in psychology, and are always studying and readin…

Started by Laura Johnson

8 Sep 12, 2011
Reply by Jason

Answering "I don't know"

Earlier today I posted a blog discussing why the phrase "I don't know" is so ingrained in American society specifically and just society in…

Started by Rev. Chris Pagan

18 Jul 18, 2011
Reply by Kenneth Montville D.D.

RSS

Atheist Sites

Blog Posts

Rounding Up?

Posted by Carol Foley on November 20, 2014 at 3:17am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service