Neuroscience, Cognitive Science, Psychology (58)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Atheists, are you introverted or extroverted?

For a long time people that know me have been telling me they think I may suffer from depression and/or anxiety.  So much so that I began t…

Started by erik112358

129 Dec 9, 2012
Reply by James Cox

Life Beyond Death

We probably all heard of Doctor Eben Alexander by now, the neuroscientist who now believes in heaven. For reference http://www.lifebeyondde

Started by Umbra

27 Nov 28, 2012
Reply by Tiffany Willoughby

Out-of-body experience while braindead/brain surgery?

Hi! I'm currently living with some relatives. They're not religious, but I guess you could call them spiritual. Recently, I've discussed li…

Started by Ingrid S

1 Nov 28, 2012
Reply by Oldgoldtop

twelve step programs and atheism

I know there's a good deal of animosity toward xA (Alcoholics Anonymous, Cocaine Anonymous, et cetera anonymous...) programs in our communi…

Started by Barry Eckert

6 Nov 9, 2012
Reply by Glen C. Smith

An Atheists view of the 12-steps

I am a long-time clinician that specializes in the treatment of addictive disorders.  I am looking for input from members in this communi…

Started by Todd

23 Oct 3, 2012
Reply by archaeopteryx

Why be sex-positive?

Can you explain why people assume that it's good to be sex-positive? Why be sex-positive instead of sex-skeptical and/or sex-ambivalent? Is…

Started by prude

53 Jun 7, 2012
Reply by Gerard Wood

Are religion and faith built around the placebo effect?

I had the thought a few days ago in church (I was dragged there, no choice) that the whole idea of faith is just psychological. People thin…

Started by Kevin Rossiter

1 May 31, 2012
Reply by Jacob

The Toxicity of Fear: How Ignorance Poisons Everything

The following is a summarization and commentary by me on the book "The Science of Fear" by Daniel Gardner.  I'd love to hear your comments…

Started by Tha Lord

16 May 25, 2012
Reply by Wooly Bumblebee

Essay on why Muslims are more violent.

I don't know if anyone else has come across this article before (published in 2011), but I'm interested in hearing thoughts on the article;…

Started by Nicole Swimley

1 May 11, 2012
Reply by Atheist Exile

Is voluntary celibacy a danger to the human psychie ?

I am referring to fully sexually active adults, not asexuals. There is a strong argument amongst some non-religious and lapsed Catholics th…

Started by Nerdy Keith

12 Feb 18, 2012
Reply by Reg The Fronkey Farmer

RSS

Atheist Sites

Blog Posts

Rounding Up?

Posted by Carol Foley on November 20, 2014 at 3:17am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service