Neuroscience, Cognitive Science, Psychology (55)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The mob psychology of human sacrifice.

Ever since recently watching the season ending episode of  'Vikings' on the History channel I have been pondering the mob psychology of hum…

Started by Ed

23 May 24, 2013
Reply by Matt Giwer

Consciousness After Death: Strange Tales From the Frontiers of Resuscitation Medicine

I saw this on Wired.com yesterday. It's an interview with Dr. Sam Parnia, part of the AWARE study. The Dr. describes death as a process tha…

Started by Sagacious Hawk

1 May 15, 2013
Reply by Matt Giwer

Want to be happy at work? Be a low performer!

A new study finds that, in 42% of companies, low performers actually report being more engaged – more motivated and more likely to enjoy wo…

Started by Unseen

2 Mar 30, 2013
Reply by Unseen

Trying to find a study.. need help

Anyone familiar with a study that was done not long ago in regards to when the brain starts to associate actions to an outside cause (ie, t…

Started by Rob Klaers

9 Mar 24, 2013
Reply by Rob Klaers

Romantic love isn't love, it's obsession

To me, real love is wanting what's best for another, even if it's not what you want for yourself. I think there are two primary examples of…

Started by Unseen

40 Mar 22, 2013

Russia 2045

Came across this recently, haven't seen any mention of it on here: http://2045.com/ "In February of 2012 the first Global Future 2045 Congr…

Started by Henry Flood

6 Feb 22, 2013
Reply by Bob MacVay

The God Gene .. Is Religion a Neurological Phenomenon?

What is the god gene? Well, the god gene hypothesis proposes that a specific gene (vesicular mono amine transporter 2) predisposes humans…

Started by Codie L Miller

7 Feb 7, 2013
Reply by hank scorpio

Atheists, are you introverted or extroverted?

For a long time people that know me have been telling me they think I may suffer from depression and/or anxiety.  So much so that I began t…

Started by erik112358

129 Dec 9, 2012
Reply by James Cox

Life Beyond Death

We probably all heard of Doctor Eben Alexander by now, the neuroscientist who now believes in heaven. For reference http://www.lifebeyondde

Started by Umbra

27 Nov 28, 2012
Reply by Tiffany Willoughby

Out-of-body experience while braindead/brain surgery?

Hi! I'm currently living with some relatives. They're not religious, but I guess you could call them spiritual. Recently, I've discussed li…

Started by Ingrid S

1 Nov 28, 2012
Reply by Oldgoldtop

RSS

Blog Posts

PI = 4

Posted by _Robert_ on September 16, 2014 at 8:53pm 3 Comments

Invictus

Posted by Marinda on September 11, 2014 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service