Neuroscience, Cognitive Science, Psychology (58)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Why do abused spouses seek out abusers?

Revelations by members here, a relative who had an abusive spouse, and (don't laugh) a Doctor Who episode "The Beast Below" all got togethe…

Started by Ward Cressin

1 Jan 4
Reply by Belle Rose

Real Recovery

I'm wondering what you all think....... Do addicts ever REALLY recover? I'm thinking about addicts to anything. Drugs. Alcohol. Sex. Gambl…

Started by Belle Rose

18 Dec 19, 2013
Reply by MikeLong

The science of "gaydar." Can you spot a gay just by looking?

Although I've always wanted this particular superhuman power, I've never been very good at detecting other men's sexual orientation. Findin…

Started by Unseen

61 Nov 15, 2013
Reply by Unseen

AI: Does the "Turing Test" actually test intelligence?

Turing Test: a proposed test of a computer's ability to think, requiring that the covert substitution of the computer for one of the partic…

Started by Unseen

12 Sep 17, 2013
Reply by _Robert_

HOW DO YOU KNOW?

I can say the same thing, with different intonation, and mean something entirely different - "How do you know?" "How do YOU know?" "How do…

Started by archaeopteryx

0 Sep 10, 2013

The Implications of Transhumanism

Preface: Let me begin this thread by stating that I read through the topic of transhumanism started by our esteemed TA member Nate Lundgren…

Started by Ed

68 Aug 16, 2013
Reply by Ed

Comments on the famous John Dillon Haynes experiment?

First of all, watch this BBC video about the experiment which seems to pretty conclusively show that real decisions are not done in the con…

Started by Unseen

52 Aug 6, 2013
Reply by Pope Beanie

Inside the sick mind of Ariel Castro

(Ariel Castro)  was allowed to make a statement and it showed how deranged and sociopathic he is. In a rambling speech that focused mostly…

Started by Unseen

35 Aug 4, 2013
Reply by SteveInCO

Do you believe in the soul?

Hey all, this is kind of my foundation of atheism so I thought i'd post it as my introduction. First post! I've mostly been an agnostic thr…

Started by dragotron

112 Jul 26, 2013
Reply by archaeopteryx

Irationality

We're all guilty of it, my self included. We get an idea that gives off such an emotional charge that we begin to lose our scientific objec…

Started by H3xx

16 Jul 17, 2013
Reply by H3xx

RSS

Forum

What would happen...

Started by Griffin Buckerfield in Small Talk. Last reply by _Robert_ 5 minutes ago. 7 Replies

Sunday Disassembly

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer in Society. Last reply by Pope Beanie 2 hours ago. 8 Replies

Blog Posts

Life Condensed

Posted by Cato Rigas on October 19, 2014 at 8:30pm 2 Comments

Cool Vehicle Inspection!

Posted by Ed on October 18, 2014 at 9:03am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service