Neuroscience, Cognitive Science, Psychology (53)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Implications of Transhumanism

Preface: Let me begin this thread by stating that I read through the topic of transhumanism started by our esteemed TA member Nate Lundgren…

Started by Ed

68 Aug 16, 2013
Reply by Ed

Comments on the famous John Dillon Haynes experiment?

First of all, watch this BBC video about the experiment which seems to pretty conclusively show that real decisions are not done in the con…

Started by Unseen

52 Aug 6, 2013
Reply by Pope Beanie

Inside the sick mind of Ariel Castro

(Ariel Castro)  was allowed to make a statement and it showed how deranged and sociopathic he is. In a rambling speech that focused mostly…

Started by Unseen

35 Aug 4, 2013
Reply by SteveInCO

Do you believe in the soul?

Hey all, this is kind of my foundation of atheism so I thought i'd post it as my introduction. First post! I've mostly been an agnostic thr…

Started by dragotron

112 Jul 26, 2013
Reply by archaeopteryx

Irationality

We're all guilty of it, my self included. We get an idea that gives off such an emotional charge that we begin to lose our scientific objec…

Started by H3xx

16 Jul 17, 2013
Reply by H3xx

Smartphones dumbing down our youth?

Young people have become so reliant on electronic devices that some suffer from "digital dementia" giving them a limited attention span and…

Started by Unseen

3 Jun 28, 2013
Reply by Sagacious Hawk

Suicide

I recently confronted suicide not once, or twice... but three times. One of these is still occurring.  What I haven't explained in the arti…

Started by JD Stockman

134 Jun 3, 2013
Reply by Judith van der Roos

Relgious Fundamentalism: A Mental Illness?

I read this The Raw Story article after a friend of mine posted it on facebook.  If you haven't read it, you might want to, and so I though…

Started by Barry Adamson

1 Jun 1, 2013
Reply by Joe Fasulo

The mob psychology of human sacrifice.

Ever since recently watching the season ending episode of  'Vikings' on the History channel I have been pondering the mob psychology of hum…

Started by Ed

23 May 24, 2013
Reply by Matt Giwer

Consciousness After Death: Strange Tales From the Frontiers of Resuscitation Medicine

I saw this on Wired.com yesterday. It's an interview with Dr. Sam Parnia, part of the AWARE study. The Dr. describes death as a process tha…

Started by Sagacious Hawk

1 May 15, 2013
Reply by Matt Giwer

RSS

Blog Posts

The tale of the twelve officers

Posted by Davis Goodman on August 27, 2014 at 3:04am 5 Comments

Birthday Present

Posted by Caila Rowe on August 26, 2014 at 1:29am 14 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service