Neuroscience, Cognitive Science, Psychology (61)

Featured Discussions

Is free will compatible with determinism?

I recently read a book called Freedom Evolves by the philosopher Daniel Dennett. In it, he puts forward the idea that free will is compatib…

Started by Simon MathewsLatest Reply

Are feelings questionable?

I think we all can agree on the statement that “feelings are subjective.”  We don’t always have good reasons to feel one way or another abo…

Started by Monica McGee (Monicks)Latest Reply

The Toxicity of Fear: How Ignorance Poisons Everything

The following is a summarization and commentary by me on the book "The Science of Fear" by Daniel Gardner.  I'd love to hear your comments…

Started by Tha LordLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Gadzooks! We may be hardwired to believe in a creator!!!

Of course, theists think that this (if true) proves something. To me, it just explains why there are so few atheists: it's difficult to get…

Started by Unseen

7 Jun 24
Reply by Tom Margolis

What is consciousness and why should we care? TED Talk by John Searle

The widely-respected philosopher John Searle specializes in philosophy of mind, which inevitably takes him into the territory of consciousn…

Started by Unseen

5 May 22
Reply by Pope Beanie

Human Brain Continues To Develop Until Well Into 30s and 40s (at least!)

New research from the UK shows the brain continues to develop after childhood and puberty, and is not fully developed until people are well…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

5 May 2
Reply by Strega

'Going Clear' Scientology and the Prison of Belief (HBO documentary produced by Alex Gibney)

Hi everybody. It's been a while. Thought I'd pass through and see if anyone happened to catch a documentary that was aired on HBO this past…

Started by Linda

13 Apr 20
Reply by Pope Beanie

Is free will compatible with determinism?

I recently read a book called Freedom Evolves by the philosopher Daniel Dennett. In it, he puts forward the idea that free will is compatib…

Started by Simon Mathews

201 Apr 16
Reply by Unseen

A discussion about woo

My friend was telling me today about "theta healing." http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Eze_j-HwWFE I'm wondering what you all think. Woo? Yes…

Started by Belle Rose

11 Dec 29, 2014
Reply by Unseen

What is your "Personality Profile?"

I was required to take the following test to discover my personality type, and write a reflection on it. See the following link for the tes…

Started by Belle Rose

42 Oct 24, 2014
Reply by MikeLong

Vulnerable....is good..?

I would like people's opinion on the following writing: How do we embrace vulnerability? We are all vulnerable there is no question abou…

Started by Belle Rose

8 Oct 9, 2014
Reply by Simon Paynton

What to do about psychopaths now that we can identify them?

Psychopaths aren't evil, they simply have defective brains. Yet, while they are only 1% of the population, they are 20% of prison inmates.…

Started by Unseen

80 Sep 26, 2014
Reply by H3xx

The Capacity for Love - cross species bonds....

I have recently become fascinated with evolutionary biology! The things that are being discovered about mammals, and the ability to form bo…

Started by Belle Rose

12 Sep 16, 2014
Reply by James Cox

RSS

Events

Blog Posts

My Purity Ring

Posted by Michelle Varni on July 5, 2015 at 7:18pm 2 Comments

Services we love!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2015   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service