Neuroscience, Cognitive Science, Psychology (53)

Featured Discussions

Are feelings questionable?

I think we all can agree on the statement that “feelings are subjective.”  We don’t always have good reasons to feel one way or another abo…

Started by Monica McGee (Monicks)Latest Reply

The Toxicity of Fear: How Ignorance Poisons Everything

The following is a summarization and commentary by me on the book "The Science of Fear" by Daniel Gardner.  I'd love to hear your comments…

Started by Tha LordLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Knowledge is Powerful, knowledge is heavy....

I sometimes envy people who are uneducated. I am referring to people who I have met who do not know what they don't know, so they simply do…

Started by Belle Rose

9 23 hours ago
Reply by Tom Sarbeck

What's some of the evidence that supports the thesis that the "Intelligent Designer" was beyond stupid.

Let me name the ways. (I will limit myself to three.) With any intelligence would he/she/it have designed: 1) Tooth decay? 2) An amygdala t…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

45 on Sunday
Reply by Diane

Fear - Your worst enemy

~ "I have spent my whole life scared, frightened of things that could happen, might happen, might not happen, 50-years I spent like that. F…

Started by Belle Rose

7 on Sunday
Reply by Simon Paynton

Are feelings questionable?

I think we all can agree on the statement that “feelings are subjective.”  We don’t always have good reasons to feel one way or another abo…

Started by Monica McGee (Monicks)

30 Feb 19
Reply by Tom Sarbeck

The Raccoon's rapid and ongoing behavioral evolution

This morning I watched a fascinting PBS documentary about raccoon intelligence. Here is a link to the full 50 minute video. Raccoons are…

Started by Unseen

8 Feb 6
Reply by Dr. Bob

Why do abused spouses seek out abusers?

Revelations by members here, a relative who had an abusive spouse, and (don't laugh) a Doctor Who episode "The Beast Below" all got togethe…

Started by Ward Cressin

1 Jan 4
Reply by Belle Rose

Real Recovery

I'm wondering what you all think....... Do addicts ever REALLY recover? I'm thinking about addicts to anything. Drugs. Alcohol. Sex. Gambl…

Started by Belle Rose

18 Dec 19, 2013
Reply by MikeLong

The science of "gaydar." Can you spot a gay just by looking?

Although I've always wanted this particular superhuman power, I've never been very good at detecting other men's sexual orientation. Findin…

Started by Unseen

61 Nov 15, 2013
Reply by Unseen

AI: Does the "Turing Test" actually test intelligence?

Turing Test: a proposed test of a computer's ability to think, requiring that the covert substitution of the computer for one of the partic…

Started by Unseen

12 Sep 17, 2013
Reply by _Robert_

HOW DO YOU KNOW?

I can say the same thing, with different intonation, and mean something entirely different - "How do you know?" "How do YOU know?" "How do…

Started by archaeopteryx

0 Sep 10, 2013

RSS

Blog Posts

The tale of the twelve officers

Posted by Davis Goodman on August 27, 2014 at 3:04am 5 Comments

Birthday Present

Posted by Caila Rowe on August 26, 2014 at 1:29am 14 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service