Neuroscience, Cognitive Science, Psychology (58)

Featured Discussions

Is free will compatible with determinism?

I recently read a book called Freedom Evolves by the philosopher Daniel Dennett. In it, he puts forward the idea that free will is compatib…

Started by Simon MathewsLatest Reply

Are feelings questionable?

I think we all can agree on the statement that “feelings are subjective.”  We don’t always have good reasons to feel one way or another abo…

Started by Monica McGee (Monicks)Latest Reply

The Toxicity of Fear: How Ignorance Poisons Everything

The following is a summarization and commentary by me on the book "The Science of Fear" by Daniel Gardner.  I'd love to hear your comments…

Started by Tha LordLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

What is your "Personality Profile?"

I was required to take the following test to discover my personality type, and write a reflection on it. See the following link for the tes…

Started by Belle Rose

42 yesterday
Reply by MikeLong

Is free will compatible with determinism?

I recently read a book called Freedom Evolves by the philosopher Daniel Dennett. In it, he puts forward the idea that free will is compatib…

Started by Simon Mathews

146 Oct 12
Reply by Unseen

Vulnerable....is good..?

I would like people's opinion on the following writing: How do we embrace vulnerability? We are all vulnerable there is no question abou…

Started by Belle Rose

8 Oct 9
Reply by Simon Paynton

What to do about psychopaths now that we can identify them?

Psychopaths aren't evil, they simply have defective brains. Yet, while they are only 1% of the population, they are 20% of prison inmates.…

Started by Unseen

80 Sep 26
Reply by H3xx

The Capacity for Love - cross species bonds....

I have recently become fascinated with evolutionary biology! The things that are being discovered about mammals, and the ability to form bo…

Started by Belle Rose

12 Sep 16
Reply by James Cox

Knowledge is Powerful, knowledge is heavy....

I sometimes envy people who are uneducated. I am referring to people who I have met who do not know what they don't know, so they simply do…

Started by Belle Rose

11 Sep 6
Reply by Tom Sarbeck

What's some of the evidence that supports the thesis that the "Intelligent Designer" was beyond stupid.

Let me name the ways. (I will limit myself to three.) With any intelligence would he/she/it have designed: 1) Tooth decay? 2) An amygdala t…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

45 Aug 31
Reply by Diane

Fear - Your worst enemy

~ "I have spent my whole life scared, frightened of things that could happen, might happen, might not happen, 50-years I spent like that. F…

Started by Belle Rose

7 Aug 31
Reply by Simon Paynton

Are feelings questionable?

I think we all can agree on the statement that “feelings are subjective.”  We don’t always have good reasons to feel one way or another abo…

Started by Monica McGee (Monicks)

30 Feb 19
Reply by Tom Sarbeck

The Raccoon's rapid and ongoing behavioral evolution

This morning I watched a fascinting PBS documentary about raccoon intelligence. Here is a link to the full 50 minute video. Raccoons are…

Started by Unseen

8 Feb 6
Reply by Dr. Bob

RSS

Forum

In Defense of ‘Islamophobia’

Started by Brian Daurelle in Society. Last reply by Erock68la 2 hours ago. 56 Replies

Awe struck

Started by Davis Goodman in Small Talk. Last reply by Unseen 2 hours ago. 41 Replies

Sunday Disassembly

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer in Society. Last reply by Unseen 7 hours ago. 12 Replies

where when how who why ?

Started by aubrey knows nothing * in Small Talk. Last reply by Davis Goodman 21 hours ago. 5 Replies

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service