Law, Trials, and Decisions (41)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

UK Law incorporating Sharia Law

It was sad moment in British history on Monday, that Sharia law had been "enshrined" into UK Law, in fact its a sign of society falling bac…

Started by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp

0 Mar 25

Woo Hoo!!! Newdow and FFRF Sue over "In doG We Trust" on US Money.

Here is the complaint http://ffrf.org/uploads/legal/IGWTComplaint.pdf (a lengthy legal document) I've only skimmed it but it looks like the…

Started by SteveInCO

12 Mar 25
Reply by Andy Hoke

Place your bets: Supreme Court to allow corporate 'persons' to impose religious views on employees?

When two corporations-- one owned by evangelicals and one owned by Mennonites-- filed suit over the Affordable Care Act, they described the…

Started by Gallup's Mirror

0 Mar 25

Judge strikes down Michigan ban on same-sex marriage

U.S. District Judge Bernard Friedman today struck down Michigan’s ban on same-sex marriage, making it the 18th state to recognize marriage…

1 Mar 22
Reply by Ari

Kill yourself! <------Is that 'free speech' or 'aiding suicide'?

Is encouraging a depressed person to kill himself the legal equivalent of shouting "Fire!" in a crowded movie theater? The Minnesota Suprem…

10 Mar 20
Reply by Gregg R Thomas

Do you agree you should be able to spank OTHER people's kids?

See this article: http://www.kansas.com/2014/02/18/3297077/sponsor-of-kansas-spanking-bill.html Quote: bill introduced by a Wichita lawma…

Started by Belle Rose

106 Mar 1
Reply by kris feenstra

Is it a surprise that the two states that have fully legalized weed got together for a superBOWL?? hahaha

That's some funny shit! I don't smoke pot anymore. I'm a mother with responsibilities. But I'm sort of jealous. The other day I was standi…

Started by Belle Rose

6 Feb 22
Reply by Belle Rose

Justice or crap shoot?

The jury considering the so-called "loud music trial" convicted Michael Dunn of the four lesser charges but couldn't reach a unanimous deci…

Started by Unseen

24 Feb 18
Reply by Gallup's Mirror

Recidivism - a cycle of entrapment

I'm highly passionate about this subject. Not only have I worked as a corrections officer behind bars, and seen the same people get locked…

Started by Belle Rose

42 Feb 11
Reply by Pope Beanie

Chicago gun control ruled unconstitutional

U.S. District Court Judge Edmond E. Chang said the municipal ordinance goes "too far." He delayed the effect of his ruling to allow the cit…

Started by Unseen

3 Jan 8
Reply by Gallup's Mirror

RSS

Atheist Sites

Forum

6 YEARS!

Started by Dan in Announcements. Last reply by Pope Beanie 48 minutes ago. 6 Replies

The Movie Kiss: Romance or Rape?

Started by Unseen in Society. Last reply by Pope Beanie 1 hour ago. 12 Replies

What is the Destiny of Intelligence?

Started by Roy Plisko in Philosophy. Last reply by Pope Beanie 1 hour ago. 48 Replies

conspiracy theories

Started by Seth Richardson in Small Talk. Last reply by Pope Beanie 14 hours ago. 14 Replies

Blog Posts

Rounding Up?

Posted by Carol Foley on November 20, 2014 at 3:17am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service