History, Archaeology, Paleontology (45)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Standard of Evidence for Archaeological Finds in Bibleland

The standard of evidence As the bible is completely wrong about Egypt archaeologists had to learn what it was like from the physical eviden…

Started by Matt Giwer

0 May 19, 2013

Shovel in one hand, bible in the other and eraser in the third

Temple and rare cache of sacred vessels from Biblical times discovered at Tel Motza (December 2012) Clearly dated to centuries after Joshua…

Started by Matt Giwer

0 May 17, 2013

The trailing edge of retreat for Old Testament believers

Religious Tradition: the Root of Monotheist Evil History of when the OT was written In the West barely two centuries ago anyone saying…

Started by Matt Giwer

0 May 17, 2013

Not only no Babylonian captivity but

The Persians sending a small group to a backwater place to create a new ruling religious culture is unheardof. It is hypothesized sole…

Started by Matt Giwer

0 May 17, 2013

Made in Alexandria, the Origin of the Yahweh Cult

A longer than you could want exposition of the subject is here. http://www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.htmlThe opening lines a…

Started by Matt Giwer

7 May 16, 2013
Reply by Matt Giwer

Perfect Atheist Vacation (Pilgramage)

Hi Everybody, I was thinking about the muslim and christian pilgramage locations and then google reminded me it's Copernicus' birthday, and…

Started by Mat Waldie

0 Feb 19, 2013

Horus is Christ (undeniable proof)

Courtesty of Tina Springer and Max Powers who researched this subject tirelessly. This very small list is but a mere fraction of the source…

Started by Horus Christ

49 Oct 29, 2012
Reply by archaeopteryx

What logical error is this worldwide flood argument?

My first time posting on Think Atheist, so I thought some of you might find this to be interesting.  Ran across this today (http://worldvie…

Started by Tom Baxter

82 Oct 5, 2012
Reply by James Cox

Could Joseph Stalin's religious upbringing have contributed to his state of mind and actions?

I'm not going to pop on the internet and tell you all a big lie that Joseph Stalin was a dedicated Christian, truth is he wasn't he eventua…

Started by Nerdy Keith

3 Sep 19, 2012
Reply by Heather Spoonheim

How does carbon dating work?

I got into a debate the other day with a friend, and she brought up carbon dating. I thought to myself, "How does carbon dating even work?"…

Started by Sophie

13 Jul 21, 2012
Reply by SteveInCO

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service